POA

mel66

Jun 12, 2024
Hello, our solicitor has drawn up POA for health & finance for my Dad which I dropped in to the doctor to sign. They have had the forms for two months and I am chasing weekly. Always being told the doctor will sign them but busy so call back. Today I went in to the surgery and was told I have to pay £150 for the doctor to sign the forms. This was never mentioned previously so I am surprised at the charge. Even more surprised that they want cash and won't accept a card payment. The charge seems excessive and the fact they want cash seems like a nice little earner for the doctor. Does this sound right ? Any advice please. Thank you

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Is this UK based as you do use the pound sign, l just got a friend, neighbour to sign ours, that said like me he was CRB and DBS certified.
Never been told of someone asked to pay so much for a signature, in the UK England.
Personally my wallet is pretty much empty, can't remember last time I didn't pay by card. K

mel66

Jun 12, 2024
Hello, yes in Buckinghamshire, UK. The charge seems so steep and the fact they will only accept cash seems a bit off. I will check with other local doctors.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Assume this is to certify capacity.
It is nothing to do with the NHS, the doctor is free to decide their own fee, payment has to be cash as the doctor will not be able to accept card payments.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
I was charged £100 10 years ago.

Mum was staying at my brothers and didn't know anyone there so easiest way to sort out.

As Kevinl says you can get anyone that has known her 2 years to certify.