POA

Frances25

Feb 28, 2024
Hello ,
I need advice regarding POA. My husband has a diognosis and I have POA for health and finance. I have the originals safely locked away and also have certified copies. My question is, if an authority wants to see the POAs will they accept copies of the certified copies? I would be very reluctant to post or hand over even the certified copies . Thank you for reading.
Frances .

backin

Feb 6, 2024
How old are they? You can apply online for a code so that companies can have online access to your poas

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
They will accept certified copies, if you post them attach a post-it note 'do not shred, return to sender'

If the LPA was registered on or after 17 July 2020, your activation key is in the letter you got telling you the LPA had been registered.

If the LPA was registered on or after 1 January 2016, you can use this service to ask for a new or replacement activation key. You’ll need the LPA reference number.

If the LPA was registered before 1 January 2016, you’ll need to show the paper LPA to people or organisations instead.

https://www.gov.uk/use-lasting-power-of-attorney .

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
I sent Certified copies to various authorities, always asking that they be returned and I got every one back. Mind you this was before Covid when people actually worked in their offices.

Frances25

Feb 28, 2024
How old are they? You can apply online for a code so that companies can have online access to your poas
Thank you backin. The POAs are very recent. Can you please advise me which website I should use in order to gain access to a code ie , how do I do that ?
I appreciate your advice , thank you.
Frances.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
The POAs are very recent. Can you please advise me which website I should use in order to gain access to a code ie , how do I do that ?

From link I posted

If the LPA was registered on or after 17 July 2020, your activation key is in the letter you got telling you the LPA had been registered.