Not sure who I am dealing with

Discussion in 'I have a partner with dementia' started by Lladro, Jun 16, 2019.

1. maryjoan

maryjoan Registered User

Mar 25, 2017
    Female
    South of the Border
    Oh thank you for those kind words, and I am pleased that somethings I have said have been of a little help to you. I also am 70 - he is almost 73, so we are on the road to nowhere......
    I am looking forward to today though - my son from Scotland is down at the moment with his wife and baby and we are all meeting up for lunch - that is eldest son and wife, daughter, husband and 2 little people and then the Scottish contingent. We only happen to be in the same place at the same time, very rarely, and it is the first time Scottish baby has been down to darkest Devon - he seems to be OK with it !!!!! Let's see how the day pans out, but in the meanwhile, I have to immerse myself in the neverending scrabble...........
    Mums are little gems, no matter what dementia - mine was as sharp as a diamond at 91, but she could make equally cutting remarks !! Bless her. She's gone now, but never lets go.....

2. Susan11

Susan11 Registered User

Nov 18, 2018

3. Susan11

Susan11 Registered User

Nov 18, 2018
    What a great day you have planned. Enjoy every minute. I have a new grandson. He's nearly a month old and delightful. I have the extreme of emotions. Absolute delight at my new grandson and such sadness that life for my Mum has become so difficult.

4. jenniferjean

jenniferjean Registered User

Apr 2, 2016
    Female
    Basingstoke, Hampshire
    Oh my word @maryjoan , this post of yours should be used by the dementia people when trying to spread the word about dementia, and trying to raise money for research. It would clearly let the people without knowledge of dementia know the truth. So much advertising is put on purely the loss of memory, which as we all know is only part of it.

5. maryjoan

maryjoan Registered User

Mar 25, 2017
    Female
    South of the Border
    I know, I hate the sanitised version of dementia that is out there....... just a bit forgetful.....
    I am writing a diary for the Devonshire magazine which is a digital magazine, the summer issue is just out.