Next stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Oops, I thought tomorrow was Friday! What do I know, heh? :)

The celebrant will guide you, but if you don't like his suggestion, throw it back and he will come up with something else. Once he knows what you're looking for, he will be able to fill some gaps for you.

Please try not to worry about it, I am sure it will be less stressful than you think. I found it quite a relief to be able to tick such a big box, even though I then had more jobs to do, but I found it therapeutic making the occasion "nice" for Roger. Roger wasn't a religious man and I tried very hard to make the service a reflection of his life and beliefs - I felt I succeeded.

I am glad that you went to see Ron and it was right for you; it will be a very special time to be able to say your farewell privately. x

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Thinking of you bemused, and sending a hug.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Do feel for you Bemused. I'm sure the celebrant will be very reassuring and will help you to plan just what you want. Just reading back and I can so equate with those thoughts of others. Bernard was cremated, that was his wish, but as our dog, of whom he was very fond, had passed away a few weeks before and I had (have) her ashes, I wanted to put them in the coffin with Bernard so he would have her for company. My daughter was horrified that her Dad's ashes would be mixed up with the dog's, so I didn't do it. He went dressed ready for golf, his favourite participant sport pre-dementia, except he couldn't have shoes on. xxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Yes, It's Thursday today, not Friday :D:D

Hopefully you will have the rest of the equipment collected today, which is good.

Sending love and wishing you strength. Be kind to yourself. xx

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Hope the equipment is sorted out now bemused and you don't have to worry about it any more. I imagine it is a loss to say goodbye to it in itself. I hated having to have it in the house at first but actually it made life possible. Feeling for you my love.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Yes it's all gone now. Kind of mixed feelings. The end of suffering for ron but a terribly empty life for me. The house is so empty as well, we got rid of so much to make room and now I have empty spaces. Jess seems to like it, i think it stops her her being taken by surprise now she is nearly blind and very deaf.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Yes it's all gone now. Kind of mixed feelings. The end of suffering for ron but a terribly empty life for me. The house is so empty as well, we got rid of so much to make room and now I have empty spaces. Jess seems to like it, i think it stops her her being taken by surprise now she is nearly blind and very deaf.

I know how hard that emptiness is, and it's so very raw for you. Love to you and Jess xxx

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Thank you all. I am dreading this, my mind is blank and I feel very very alone. Apart from you people who are propping me up with your support xxx

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
You will get through bemused with the support of your friends on TP.

It is a very sad and upsetting part of the preparation but once it is done then it will be the last bit of the jigsaw to fall in place. Everything done and dusted.

I was wound up like a tight Spring before he came but within 5 minutes I felt I was talking to my next door neighbour, he was so helpful and thoughtful and I can remember smiling for the first time since my husband's death.

Will be thinking of you and I am sure you will be as thorough in making this right as you were with your caring for Ron.

Last edited:

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
I hope all goes well with the celebrant, and that you will start to feel a little in control.

He will help to fill the blank canvas, but make sure you have a box of tissues handy! I needed shares in Kleenex!!

Wishing you strength x

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
It did thank you jay. I think once its been whipped into shape and order it will be what i want it to be.
It wasnt as difficult as i thought it would be because of the understanding that its important to me that these are the very ladt things i will do for ron and so they have to reflect what we both held to be important. Xx

Status
Not open for further replies.