New to this..

MrsCee

May 21, 2024
My husband was diagnosed in March, with mixed vascular dementia and Alzheimer’s. So I’m on a learning curve.

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello and welcome @MrsCee to this friendly and supportive forum. There is a lot of shared experience of dementia to be found here, so I am glad you have found us.

I am sorry to read about your husband's recent diagnosis. It's tough for sure, even if you may have been half expecting it. You will find loads of support here from people that really do want to help. Do have a good look around the forums and ask any particular questions you may like to. You'll find total understanding and it's a safe space to put down how you're feeling if you want to.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Another welcome here from me.

I’m sorry to hear about your husband’s diagnosis. I’m sure everything must feel so strange for you just now. This is the right place to come to learn and to receive support. There’s always someone here to listen and to share their own experiences.

Watson1

Sep 4, 2023
you have now entered the road that you probably new you were on but now the sign marker are in place. follow the next with all the maps you can find. be leary of quick hopes.find a good memory clinic, find help, tell your friends, don't be shy. get your husband lots of note paper. i have quite a stack as i start my daily list with the date and what are the main things for the day and then on it goes for what i think is important and need to be kept track of maybe you see like your husband i have alzheimers and am charting my own course to this new world, what ever helps along with all the others at my side ..

Recent Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enticottdebbie