New Tiers halt visits!

anxious annie

This is just so sad @Baker17 , what gives her the right to over rule the guidance, unbelievable. No mention from her about the deteriorating mental well being from not allowing meaningful contact. How can the council claim " not sensible to relax its rules". No common sense or compassion from Mrs Bell and colleagues. How can you possibly fight that? Feel angry and disappointed for you xx

Baker17

This is just so sad @Baker17 , what gives her the right to over rule the guidance, unbelievable. No mention from her about the deteriorating mental well being from not allowing meaningful contact. How can the council claim " not sensible to relax its rules". No common sense or compassion from Mrs Bell and colleagues. How can you possibly fight that? Feel angry and disappointed for you xx
@anxious annie its an absolute travesty, at the moment though I consider myself lucky as my husband was sectioned in September due to his deterioration during lockdown and only being able to see him through a window. The team at the mental health unit have worked wonders and got him weaned off the anti physcotic drugs the care homes gp had put him on to calm him, the drugs turned him into a zombie, it was so terrible to see him like that. He is deemed fit for discharge now and one home has already refused him thank goodness because it doesn’t have the best reputation. There is going to be another best interest meeting in January I’m so worried about his future. Ironically since he was admitted I’m having an inside visit every week, and even have a cuddle, the staff just look away. I so grateful that we’re in this position at the moment x

Kellyr

View attachment 63630This article has just appeared in our local paper today, seems Pauline Bell thinks it’s a ‘half baked’ idea, a good scientific reason, must a new science I’ve not heard of. It makes my blood boil ????

I felt very down yesterday, seem to be banging my head against a brick wall, the amount of notice those in power seem to give to my emails. I get standard replies back , taking no notice of any specific questions and pointing me helpfully in the direction of the guidance. As though I wasn't aware of it! Am fired up again today, replying to PHE who have completely missed the point about 28 day self isolation period. I think Rights for Residents are working away in the background, we must not loose hope of those indoor visits @Kellyr @Lone Wolf

Kellyr

View attachment 63630This article has just appeared in our local paper today, seems Pauline Bell thinks it’s a ‘half baked’ idea, a good scientific reason, must a new science I’ve not heard of. It makes my blood boil ????

I felt very down yesterday, seem to be banging my head against a brick wall, the amount of notice those in power seem to give to my emails. I get standard replies back , taking no notice of any specific questions and pointing me helpfully in the direction of the guidance. As though I wasn't aware of it! Am fired up again today, replying to PHE who have completely missed the point about 28 day self isolation period. I think Rights for Residents are working away in the background, we must not loose hope of those indoor visits @Kellyr @Lone Wolf

Its so easy now for carehomes to use the infection to keep relatives out seemingly forever...some saying normal visits wont resume even with the vax which is insane. We have to find new arguments in the new year!

Kellyr

@anxious annie its not going to be a happy xmas but we must all try to have a restful one. We all deserve a few days off worrying if at all possible, in order to regain strength for the fight ahead. Mps etc are going to be incomunecado til the new year at which point we will have to find new strategies to acheive our aim! Our mums wouldnt want us making ourselves ill over all this, so try not to worry even for a couple of days and please stay strong ??

jennifer1967

thank you anxious annie, happy christmas. taking a break from campaigns sometimes gives you new ideas and ways to tackle the injustice of care home visiting.

Lone Wolf

Thank you @Kellyr , yes I will be taking a couple of days to relax with my immediate family. Then return refreshed for the battle ahead. Wishing you and your family and @Lone Wolf @Baker17 @Stacey sue @jennifer1967 @lemonbalm @Trekker @Frank68 @MartinWL a peaceful Christmas and strength for the difficult times.

Thank you @Kellyr , yes I will be taking a couple of days to relax with my immediate family. Then return refreshed for the battle ahead. Wishing you and your family and @Lone Wolf @Baker17 @Stacey sue @jennifer1967 @lemonbalm @Trekker @Frank68 @MartinWL a peaceful Christmas and strength for the difficult times.
Thank you and best wishes anxious annie.