Moving hubby to new care home.

Dobbin321

May 22, 2024
I am moving back to Nottinghamshire and need to know how to physically get my husband from a to b. He is in Wiltshire at the moment. Private ambulance? St. John’s? It is about 160 miles. He also had anxiety and depression! Any ideas.

SAP

Feb 18, 2017
What are your husbands restrictions ? Could he cope with a car journey or travel by public transport. If not then a private ambulance may be best.

Dobbin321

May 22, 2024
What are your husbands restrictions ? Could he cope with a car journey or travel by public transport. If not then a private ambulance may be best.
He cannot use public transport because of his high anxiety. It woold be a nightmare plus it is 4 trains to get to Nottinghamshire .also he is a terrible passenger and 4 hours in the car going faster than 10 miles an hour would freak him out. There doesn’t see, to be a lot of options. St. John are only doing covid movement. I think it is going to be an awful lot of money, maybe in the thousands.

SAP

Feb 18, 2017
It might be worth speaking with his GP to see if there is anything he can have to steady his anxiety prior to the trip.

Jools1402

Jan 13, 2024
Would the GP prescribe a one off sedative for the journey. You could then use a wheelchair taxi (more roomy than a normal car) possibly?
SAP beat me to it!