New on here i care for mother in law recently diagnosed with dementia

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
I understand they are stretched but when you have worked all your life and paid into the system and then struck down with thos awful disease and ran her own company for 48yrs it's really frustrating and not acceptable. Mum is with us as she cannot get out of bed so of course she is staying with me but I have a job too and a house to run. So I can't accept she's not getting help.
I'm sorry. I know. It's about as bad as it can be.

Unfortunately, help will not be automatic or quick in coming. As others have said, you need to shout and keep shouting. Unless you tell them you can't continue looking after your mum, they'll leave you to it.

And no, it isn't acceptable.

lindseymarierichardson

Jan 28, 2024

Unfortunately, help will not be automatic or quick in coming. As others have said, you need to shout and keep shouting. Unless you tell them you can't continue looking after your mum, they'll leave you to it.

And no, it isn't

And no, it isn't acceptable.
Awh thank you jaded. :)