advice please

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
You will need to disinfect everything with a veterinary disinfectant and wait a while before bringing in another bird. Maybe he was too young?
i know i have cage disinfectant. he was alright first thing and chirping, went to bottom of cage and was the end so just shocked he seemed very well and suddenly was gone. it was from a reputable aviary pet shop

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
well we now have 2 canaries 6 months old and always been together from a different breeder. 🤞they seem fine. the breeder thinks the other one was too young and too early to be sold. act like darby and joan or neighbours chatting over a fence with minor tiffs here and there.
the chemist has caused more anxieties. my husband told them in the end. supposed to deliver insulin today as 2 owing and told me this morning when i phoned. not yet arrived and have no more. anxieties level through the roof again not helping sugar levels. they have been left in the fridge and delivery didnt check and gone home. my respite day tomorrow as well. no one to pick it up, daughter working, son in london where he now lives. apparently they get no money for delivery[they do] so the staff member has said she will deliver after work. thank goodness for that. 2 weeks ago, it was my needles. they deliver my trays once a week so could slot it wherever.
theyve left me in tears and feeling very vulnerable which has a knock on effect for my husband.
im sorry to post but im on my own with this and not my fault im housebound. it really doesnt help the pain either when so stressed.
i have recieved the lists of help at home and gardeners from age uk along with the sort of questions i should be asking. just find the time to go through the list but also what i need from them. hopefully it will marry up.
still got to shower him and do dinner yet. days seem to get longer and longer.

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Bless you Jennifer xxxx I completely get not having your insulin would make you anxious.
Mum’s meds were v similar and I used to get anxious when there were delays and muck ups. More so as you’re housebound 🥲🥲

Good to hear we have 2 new forum members 🐥🐥

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Bless you Jennifer xxxx I completely get not having your insulin would make you anxious.
Mum’s meds were v similar and I used to get anxious when there were delays and muck ups. More so as you’re housebound 🥲🥲

Good to hear we have 2 new forum members 🐥🐥
bonnie and clyde. she said they are in the fridge so the delivery people were either not told or didnt check. the fact they gave me 3 instead of 5 so owing 2 of which i didnt have an owing slip doesnt help. it was needles a week ago and i actually bought some online to make sure i can have them.

RM3

Feb 4, 2024
well we now have 2 canaries 6 months old and always been together from a different breeder. 🤞they seem fine. the breeder thinks the other one was too young and too early to be sold. act like darby and joan or neighbours chatting over a fence with minor tiffs here and there.
the chemist has caused more anxieties. my husband told them in the end. supposed to deliver insulin today as 2 owing and told me this morning when i phoned. not yet arrived and have no more. anxieties level through the roof again not helping sugar levels. they have been left in the fridge and delivery didnt check and gone home. my respite day tomorrow as well. no one to pick it up, daughter working, son in london where he now lives. apparently they get no money for delivery[they do] so the staff member has said she will deliver after work. thank goodness for that. 2 weeks ago, it was my needles. they deliver my trays once a week so could slot it wherever.
theyve left me in tears and feeling very vulnerable which has a knock on effect for my husband.
im sorry to post but im on my own with this and not my fault im housebound. it really doesnt help the pain either when so stressed.
i have recieved the lists of help at home and gardeners from age uk along with the sort of questions i should be asking. just find the time to go through the list but also what i need from them. hopefully it will marry up.
still got to shower him and do dinner yet. days seem to get longer and longer.
Aww - lovely that you have 2 new canaries to lift your spirits.
The chemist sounds to have caused so much unnecessary stress for you and your husband.
I wondered if you may have anything similar in your area (it’s surprising what is there that we’re unaware of) - when my dad whose on his own 3 and a half hours away, couldn’t walk because of gout or planter - something, we remembered a greatly appreciated small charity, not far away. They brought his meds and also, a wheelchair to borrow and then picked it up when finished with. This charity had taken my mum and dad some shopping, when the first lock downs were on and my dad had just had a bypass - there are some genuinely good people in the world.
I wondered if it could be worth finding out if anything similar near you, just incase anything comes up in the future? Sending best wishes. X

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Aww - lovely that you have 2 new canaries to lift your spirits.
The chemist sounds to have caused so much unnecessary stress for you and your husband.
I wondered if you may have anything similar in your area (it’s surprising what is there that we’re unaware of) - when my dad whose on his own 3 and a half hours away, couldn’t walk because of gout or planter - something, we remembered a greatly appreciated small charity, not far away. They brought his meds and also, a wheelchair to borrow and then picked it up when finished with. This charity had taken my mum and dad some shopping, when the first lock downs were on and my dad had just had a bypass - there are some genuinely good people in the world.
I wondered if it could be worth finding out if anything similar near you, just incase anything comes up in the future? Sending best wishes. X
they need notice and i dont normally get notice. only when i phone to enquire do i find out that theyve forgotten to look in the fridge etc

RM3

Feb 4, 2024
they need notice and i dont normally get notice. only when i phone to enquire do i find out that theyve forgotten to look in the fridge etc
Well I hope you have some smoother days ahead and this gets sorted with them dropping off. I’m sure your canaries will keep you both entertained ☺️ x

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
well i have a lady coming on tuesday to help with some cleaning/ housework. so getting there. wont be tidy as i have a boiler inspection the same day and need to clear a few things by the boiler. never done this before or had help so any hints?
the canaries are being separated and my son is having one as they are not happy together. canaries dont normally share a cage but telling husband that!!! we are keeping the little one and my son is having the one with a big personality and an even bigger ego.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mecooo