My lovely Mum x

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Celia-some photo's are priceless-and that's one of them. Your Mum's face is so full of good humour-I reckon she was a bit of a minx in her time;)

Cherish your memories

Love

Lyn T XX

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
That photo is just wonderful Celia, you can see your mum's personality in her face, I love the look of humour and mischief there, and as for the mouth organ! What a brilliant memory to have of her. You can't do anything but smile to see that photo, I'm not surprised you chose it.

Please take care of yourself xxxx

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Two months ago today that Mum died. Sometimes seems she has been gone for ever and other times it seems only a few days ago I got the call to say she had gone. Keep trying hard to have positive memories but miss her so much. Even though it went from multiple phone calls a day to just one a day when she went into the CH, I still find myself looking at my watch to check the time to call or having this half formed thought in my mind that there is something I should be doing. The last thing Mum said to me when I phoned the day before was "I love you too" and that keeps me going, knowing she knew she was loved and knowing she loved me.

Attachments

• 1436939761020.jpg
    1436939761020.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 379

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Yes Celia your Mum definitely knew she was loved-as you were by her. I feel really sad when I hear couples I know digging at each other-and there's no health problems involved. If only people remembered our days in this world are limited and a kind and loving word never hurt anyone. Remember that phone call with your lovely Mum when you feel lost and down.

Love

Lyn T XX

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Feeling sympthy Celia.
When we lose someone that has been such a huge part of our lives it has to leave an enormous empty space. That space can never really be filled. All we can do is to keep on going and try to fill just a part of the hole with our memories which become more precious as time goes on.

As for couples not always being as thoughtful and caring as they maybe should towards each other all the time, especially when there are no health problems involved, I can only refer to the words below my post.

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
You always wrote very fondly of your mum, she would know how much you loved her, you will always miss her, you must have such lovely memories they can never be taken away,

Jeany x

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Dear Celia :)

I wanted to say that I'm sorry I somehow haven't posted on this thread before now. I was so sorry to hear of your lovely mum's passing, and have been thinking of you in the weeks (months) since then. I feel that you share your mother's warm heart and good humour.....certainly your posts to me are kindness personified.

The photos above are beautiful. You must miss your mum so much. I hope it is a comfort to know that she is now with your dear sister.

Take care of yourself Celia :)

(((Hugs)))

Lindy xx

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Thank you for your kind words Lindy, what a great compliment to say I am like Mum ☺ - that's got my day off to a nice start ☺ xx

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Well, Mum has some more company now, my oldest brother died this morning. Known heart problems but this a very sudden downturn over the weekend .

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh Celia I am so sorry to read this. How awful for you and the rest of your family. Thinking of you. x

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
So sorry to read your news Celia, condolences to you and your family.
Suex

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Thanks for kind comments - not the best of days especially as everyone I have phoned to tell, then starts telling me about their own health issues and worries... just been sending off information about dementia/ trackers etc for brother in laws father, sleep apnoea for brother in law, loss of voice for brother...

I don't think I want to answer the phone any more today :(

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Don't answer it, Celia. Time to think of yourself, have time to grieve, think and remember. In your own time. I'm so sorry to hear about your brother, please accept my condolences. What a time you're having. xx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grandaughtercare