My lovely Mum x

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Your inbox is full Celia so I will put my message on here,
Thank you Celia you are very kind, I took the smiley off but the lovely pictures of your mum really did make me smile so that is maybes why it nipped in there,

Thank you for your good wishes, I am trying to relax, I have been packing my case I suppose I had better weigh it now,

I will try not to worry as it doesn't serve any purpose,

You take care as well, I am thinking of you,

Jeany x

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
It's a very tense time isn't it Celia?

When one wants one's thought to be upon your darling Mum...family, as per usual, intrude, make worries...cause sleeplessness.
Well...they did for me anyway!

Be reassured your worries will be bigger than any potential problem, what you were really doing was laying down marks in the sand for yourself and warning them not to overstep the mark. I hope they took it in board, I'm sure they did.

Try...as hard as you can, not to waste a seconds thought on family politics.

Think only of your bonny little Mum, how pleased she would be to see you and her Grand Finale.
She would want you to be content.

Make her day.

I will think of you both on the 5th. xxx

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Thank you. I have just posted something on FB that it would be nice to share here - hope that you all see why. We are using a poem at the funeral that was posted on TP which I like and it seems other family members do too. Both these things sum up my Mum ☺

I told Mum every day that I loved her lots - dont forget to tell the people you love, that you love them xx

Miss Me, But Let Me Go

When I come to the end of the road
And the sun has set for me,
I want no rites in a gloom filled room
Why cry for a soul set free!
Miss me a little, but not for long,
And not with your head bowed low.
Remember the love we once shared,
Miss me, but let me go!
For this a journey we all must take,
And each must go alone;
It's all a part of the master's plan
A step on the road to home.
When you are lonely and sick of heart
Go to the friends we know,
And bury your sorrows in doing good deeds,
Miss me, but let me go.

by Edward Albert Scott

Attachments

• 1432323252135.jpg
    1432323252135.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 425

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
How kind of you Lyn, not a silly question at all. I am OK most of the time thanks although in that limbo waiting for the funeral and guess things will move on after that. Miss my daily chats and keep looking at the clock to see if its a good time to call.

Keeping myself occupied in different ways - today I am doing the tedious job of uploading and creating links to Dropbox files of all the resources following the UK meeting I held for the charity. Gets my brain ticking over and Mum would approve - can just hear her saying "Get on with it! Don't go using me as an excuse!"

Hope you are well and the house moving plans are going as smoothly as possible.

Take care xx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
My Dear Celia,

I hope tomorrow goes as well as can be expected and the sun shines for you and your lovely Mum. Funerals, although obviously sad, can be uplifting so I hope you will be able to look back on your Mum's life with a few smiles through the tears.

Love as always

Lyn T XX

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Here' s another who is hoping that all goes just as your dear mother would have wished it to. I've been thinking about you and will be doing so tomorrow. My very best wishes for the day. xxx

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Sorry to read the sad news of your dear Mum's passing Celia, she was quite a lady, the pictures are lovely.

I hope tomorrow everything goes according to your plans and wishes.
Love
Sue xx

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Thank you all for your kind thoughts and wishes. It was a good service and a nice range of people from different parts of Mums life as well as family. Staying at sister's tonight and heading home tomorrow x

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I'm glad it went as well as these things can Celia.
I expect you are pretty exhausted now.
I wish you a safe journey home tomorrow. xxx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I'm also wishing you well and a safe journey. A sad day for you and your family but I hope you can now grieve in your own way and find peace and strength.

Love,

Lyn T XX

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Thanks again all - home late-ish last night and having a quiet day today, writing thank you notes and such.

Would be nice if the mainly good interaction within the family continued, not all perfect by a long way but a great improvement for some so that is good. I am in serious good books with sister and husband as he was going to buy new printer (wouldn't work with laptop) and new PC (too slow) and sorted both so my geekishness is now seen as a positive!

I thought you have all seen pictures of Mum over the time she has had dementia so would share with you the picture from the order of service, taken about 8 years ago when Mum was still taking herself into town and indulging in her favourite treat of a latte and cake! I have lovely memories of shared times and it is those I want to linger over now.

I also have Mum's mouth organ - we shared so many hours on the phone with either both singing songs or her playing the mouth organ whilst I sang - happy times, she was a lovely Mum and I am lucky to have had her as long as I did.

Thanks again all - I doubt you will get rid of me as hopefully I can still share and support others as I have been supported. Some days I don't feel up to posting but I keep an eye on how you are all doing!

Hugs xx
Mum pic from order of service.png

Last edited:

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Your mum was such a beautiful lady, Celia. It makes me smile to think of her playing the mouth organ while you sang over the phone. What fantastic memories you must have, and you were so close and lucky to have each other. Big hugs xx