Music that we go to...

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Well I am beginning to settle into what lies ahead which I guess is no easier than what has gone before. I have good days and emotional days but I always try to stand by my gran and my mums world views about these things that do try us in life and cause great emotional pain. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of my mum and where we are now. The only release I get sometimes is through music, sometimes music that resonates with our own soul.

mebliss

Oct 12, 2023
Well I am beginning to settle into what lies ahead which I guess is no easier than what has gone before. I have good days and emotional days but I always try to stand by my gran and my mums world views about these things that do try us in life and cause great emotional pain. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of my mum and where we are now. The only release I get sometimes is through music, sometimes music that resonates with our own soul.

true music does resonates with our very soul itself.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Once I had Pauline settled and I had set up Alexa to play Music 4 Dementia (M4D radio) from the 50s, she appeared to doze off and then, just minutes ago and while Elvis was warbling, she suddenly joined in with # I’m all shook up# followed by Rock around the clock and didn't open her eyes once. Back to dozing now, amazing 💕

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Elvis reaches parts other performers do not reach @Agzy :)
That made me chuckle
1f602.png

Always has and continues to do so xx

My parents used to be big fans of Elvis, I remember being forced to watch one of his last gigs on TV back in the 70's and my parents were shocked at how he was during that performance, they said he was not the Elvis they knew -I think he died shortly after that. Looking back now I know more about Elvis it was a sad end to a formidable singing career.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Elvis’s voice is identifiable by the first note. I loved him as a teenager and still listen to him now.

My other favourite was Johnny Ray I still listen to him too 😊

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Elvis’s voice is identifiable by the first note. I loved him as a teenager and still listen to him now.

I was just about to crack on and cook my Sunday roast and that name rang a bell -Johnnie Ray and the reason is because I used to listed to mums old 78's and 45's as a kid and she used to listen with me and tell me about each one and I will never forget this track:

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.

My first time of seeing the voice behind Heartbreak Hotel was a centre page spread in ‘The Reveille’ magazine with still photographs of his gyrations on stage and it just blew me away and a fan from then on; Elvis the Pelvis!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Heartbreak Hotel was the first Elvis record I bought aged about 15/16. My father said it was rubbish.

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
If you still have it with original sleeve, @Grannie G it would be worth a few bobs!
(I still have the old 10" (instead of 12") LP of Elvis's Loving You.)

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Heartbreak Hotel was the first Elvis record I bought aged about 15/16. My father said it was rubbish.
As did most adults of the day but oh how he changed the world of teenage ‘pop’ music. When you think back and in quick time think how many of us of a certain age witnessed world wide teen music change via, Lonny Donnegan, Bill Hayley, Buddy Holly and then Elvis

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i think most adults say the next generation music is rubbish. my dad did the same to me. most of his was rubbish as well. i was the same with my kids, rapping wasnt my thing.

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
No, the 1960's amount and variety of popular music is greater than the 1950's, and because of technology (TV mainly) 1960's was broadcast more widely.

Neveradullday!

Oct 12, 2022
England
Talking about being broadcast more widely - the transistor radio was a big step change (1950s?). Music became portable.
Without the pioneers of the 50s you might never have got the Beatles - they're the ones who really changed everything.