Music that we go to...

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
At a singing group we attend we had a new arrival, along with his brother. I recognised the new arrival from local Karaoke pub and he is a great singer but has a wee doggie hand puppet he takes everywhere and even uses it to sing duets! He seems to love both 😊

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
At a singing group we attend we had a new arrival, along with his brother. I recognised the new arrival from local Karaoke pub and he is a great singer but has a wee doggie hand puppet he takes everywhere and even uses it to sing duets! He seems to love both 😊
Ah karaoke -used to go to a place called the Spiral Staircase in Shoreditch, East London on a Friday night for all night karaoke, use to close at 4am. Lots of supporting actors in the musicals somehow found out about this place and they would turn up after their last performance to have a few drinks and sing-a-long. Never saw anyone with a hand puppet though -its good entertainment although I know some people don't like karaoke (philistines)

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Ah karaoke -used to go to a place called the Spiral Staircase in Shoreditch, East London on a Friday night for all night karaoke, use to close at 4am. Lots of supporting actors in the musicals somehow found out about this place and they would turn up after their last performance to have a few drinks and sing-a-long. Never saw anyone with a hand puppet though -its good entertainment although I know some people don't like karaoke (philistines)
I am the Saddo (as my kids call it) who used to have Benidorm karaoke holidays and yes, singing afternoon and evenings 🎤

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent

It made me really cry, when my OH sang this to me, and then says please, please can I be with you.
(as if I'm going anywhere!)

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I love John Denver songs. My thread in the tea room, which I don’t use much now, is called some days are diamonds. I just felt it summed up my life then - and it still does. 💜

Scarlet Lady

Apr 6, 2021
Thanks so much for this, Izzy. So good to hear it again. I miss JD so much, another person taken far too soon. Don’t know if you saw him live, but I remember him doing the “but can he juggle?” bit in the performance. It was hilarious and he really could! Lovely memories and a lot to hold onto.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Thanks so much for this, Izzy. So good to hear it again. I miss JD so much, another person taken far too soon. Don’t know if you saw him live, but I remember him doing the “but can he juggle?” bit in the performance. It was hilarious and he really could! Lovely memories and a lot to hold onto.

I never saw him live. It must have been great to be there!

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
For some reason I’ve been feeling very nostalgic about my final year at school and first years in college days - the late 60s and very early 70s. I can’t get Joni Mitchell songs out of my mind!

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
At the time that we met - way back in Jan '67! - my OH amongst other things was secretary of the uni folk music club.
Despite that, shortly after we met we agreed that our song was in fact the 1964 number "Stand by Me" by Ben E King - the you tube video for which I posted on this thread on 5th Aug.
It's sentiments still v much apply to us today, may be more than ever.

Scarlet Lady

Apr 6, 2021
@Izzy : Joni is magical. Blue is still my favourite album, even though she was an acquired taste for a while. In her early years, I found her habit of leaping octaves rather irritating. Then I started to really appreciate the songwriting, rather than just the voice. I’m glad she’s still with us, even if she’s a bit frail now.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Thanks for posting, I love this song. I once posted it on FB to my friends some of whom just didn't get the point of her lyrics :rolleyes:

It’s one of the songs we sang in our Dementia Choir concert recently. Everyone loves it - carers and members who have a diagnosis alike. For some it’s purely the sound of the music, for others it those wonderful lyrics.

I don’t think we can compete with Joni Mitchell but this is a wee clip of us singing it at the concert. Not sure what my pal was doing with her phone!

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
It’s one of the songs we sang in our Dementia Choir concert recently. Everyone loves it - carers and members who have a diagnosis alike. For some it’s purely the sound of the music, for others it those wonderful lyrics.

I don’t think we can compete with Joni Mitchell but this is a wee clip of us singing it at the concert. Not sure what my pal was doing with her phone!

Fabulous. Not sure about the camera perspective, but it doesn't matter, it's the music that counts :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janet1980