1. Welcome to Talking Point - an online community for everyone who is affected by dementia. Whether you have dementia or know someone who does, we will be there for you.

If you need help using Talking Point, read our Help pages or contact us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk

2. Hi everyone, Talking Point is back! We’ve updated the software in order to improve security, design, and the way the community works, and introduced some helpful features.

Find out more

Like a Hyperactive toddler...

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by Rageddy Anne, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Ann Mac

Ann Mac Registered User

Oct 17, 2013
    Oh Anne, I am so sorry to read such sad news. Lost for words, almost, wanting to express relief that everything was peaceful and you were able to have that last visit, gladness that your family is there for you, and concern that somehow, at such a sad time, you are able to look after yourself after your surgery.

Sending you massive hugs and all my sympathy hun xxxxxx

2. margherita

margherita Registered User

May 30, 2017
    Female
    Italy, Milan and Acqui Terme
    Anne,
    How are you?
    Silly question , I know, which I could not help asking.
    You are in my thoughts.

3. Cat27

Cat27 Volunteer Moderator

Feb 27, 2015
    Merseyside
    Oh Anne I am so sorry. My thoughts are with xx

4. HillyBilly

HillyBilly Registered User

Dec 21, 2015
    Ireland
    Oh I am so very sorry to read of Rob's passing. Sincere condolences to you all and a huge hug x

5. 2jays

2jays Registered User

Jun 4, 2010
    West Midlands
    Thinking of you. Buckets of squishy hugs xxxx

6. Sam Luvit

Sam Luvit Registered User

Oct 19, 2016
    East Sussex
    I'm so sorry to hear your news, but thankful you had that kiss & felt his peace. Wishing you comfort & strength at this difficult time

7. chick1962

chick1962 Registered User

Apr 3, 2014
    Female
    near Folkestone
    Such sad news Sheila , so sorry to read this . Glad your family are around you and you were able to give Rob that last kiss. Thinking of you xxxxxx

8. Earthgirl72

Earthgirl72 Registered User

Feb 2, 2016
    So very sorry to read your sad news. Sending love and hugs your way xx

9. Slugsta

Slugsta Registered User

I am so sorry that Rob has passed, please accept my sincere condolences. I am glad that you were able to have that last visit, and that you knew he was finally at peace.

No-one could have given Rob more love and care than you did, working tirelessly to ensure he always had the best possible care.

Please take things very easy, it would be all-too easy to ignore your own health problems at such a difficult time. Please try to give yourself the same loving care that you gave Rob (((hugs)))

10. Dazmum

Dazmum Registered User

I'm so sorry to hear about Rob, but glad that his passing was peaceful and that you were able to see him. Please take care of yourself, I'm thinking of you and your family xxx

11. canary

canary Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    South coast
    I was so shocked to read this. Im so sorry
    ((((hugs)))))

12. Loopiloo

Loopiloo Registered User

May 10, 2010
    Scotland
    I do feel for you, what a difficult time, but wonderful to have your family there with you. Very sad to read of Rob dying and I send sincere sympathy. Precious having that last time with him and that it was peaceful. His suffering with this destructive dementia is over now.

Do take care of yourself now during your recovery and be easy on yourself. Wishing you continued strength in the days ahead and beyond.

Loo xx

13. rosy18

rosy18 Registered User

Jul 23, 2016
    Female
    Blackpool
    My sincere condolences to you and your family Raggedy Annes. So pleased you were there to give him that kiss and to know he was at peace.
    Please try to take care of yourself that's what Rob would want. I wish you a speedy recovery from your op and the strength along with the love and support from your family for the future.
    Sending warm ((hugs))xx

14. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    I haven't been on TP as much as usual Anne, due to computer problems and have only just found your sad news. I'm so sorry and send sincere condolences. I'm relieved to find after all his trauma, Rob was allowed a peaceful passing.

Please take care of yourself now.

15. Amy in the US

Amy in the US Registered User

Feb 28, 2015
    USA
    RA, there's no need to reply, but I wanted you to know we are all thinking of you.