Like a Hyperactive toddler...

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
I'm so sorry to hear about Rob, but glad that his passing was peaceful and that you were able to see him. Please take care of yourself, I'm thinking of you and your family xxx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
I do feel for you, what a difficult time, but wonderful to have your family there with you. Very sad to read of Rob dying and I send sincere sympathy. Precious having that last time with him and that it was peaceful. His suffering with this destructive dementia is over now.

Do take care of yourself now during your recovery and be easy on yourself. Wishing you continued strength in the days ahead and beyond.

Loo xx

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
My sincere condolences to you and your family Raggedy Annes. So pleased you were there to give him that kiss and to know he was at peace.
Please try to take care of yourself that's what Rob would want. I wish you a speedy recovery from your op and the strength along with the love and support from your family for the future.
Sending warm ((hugs))xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I haven't been on TP as much as usual Anne, due to computer problems and have only just found your sad news. I'm so sorry and send sincere condolences. I'm relieved to find after all his trauma, Rob was allowed a peaceful passing.

Please take care of yourself now.

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
It's been such a long journey. I think Dementia was probably lurking many years back, when unlikely worries troubled Rob, and he sometimes behaved in ways that were out of character.
He was probably coping well when he needed to rehearse before a party the names of people we would see there.
He would worry at airports, and fret about things like our house insurance, things that he had always taken in his stride.
It became a family joke when he started to check three times that we had locked the house before an outing,
He developed ritual worries about his house keys, wallet, car keys, his glasses and his watch. We joked about it.
Later his driving began to be erratic, and he would become irritated by other drivers' actions, and blame them for his own misjudgements..
He had always been impatient, but short temper crept in, and that wasn't nice.
He began to be agitated in all sorts of situations, and worried.
And then he began the WANTING TO GO HOME phase, and dementia was evident.
He was waking at night, not understanding where he was, or what he was doing.
He began with difficulties in dressing himself, needing his clothes to be laid out in readiness.
Problems crept in with him needing the toilet urgently, and leaving it too late.And that led to distress and embarrassment.
We were in the thick of dementia, the HYPERACTIVE TODDLER phase, perhaps the hardest for his family to cope with.
That's when this thread was born, so if you've read it, you will know the rest.

We've been through all the dramas and pressures and heartache as well as discovering the kindness and compassion that someone living with a person with dementia will encounter. This feels a bit like an. Ending, but no doubt I'll be back,chattering away, very soon...sending hugs , gratitude and love to everyone who has been involved...

RedLou

Jul 30, 2014
Anne - you may find, as I have, that it's nice to pop back in to 'chat' to the people to whom you have become close. It sounds ridiculous to say that, in a way, as we are all meeting virtually, but often a warm heart and kind eyes are just as visible on the Interweb as they are in a face to face meeting. Also, there have been times I have needed to avoid here, because the stories take me back and fill me with anxiety and upset still. Take care of yourself and if I do 'see' you on here, it will be a pleasure.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Anne, I'm so sorry, I've only just caught up. My sincere condolences to you and all you u family. I do hope you I'll be visiting here again, it will be do nice to see you.
Now concentrate on getting well yourself!

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
Sheila, I felt like you when Chris died, but I still pop on to see how everyone is getting on like Red Lou sometimes it is too painful but I feel like I have made some real friends on here and will always be grateful for all the support.
Now though you have got to look after yourself big hug. Xx

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
RA, remember that TP is here whenever, and if, you need it, and us. We are always happy to see you, but do whatever it is that you need to do. Especially please do try to look after yourself and your health right now, as much as possible. We are holding you in our thoughts.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976