It will have been a year this Thursday

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
I can't quite believe it is almost a year since my mum died.

I still feel guilty though I know I have nothing to really feel guilty about because I did many things to try to make her life more comfortable. I occasionally remember how awful she was before she had dementia - I'd had to put that to one side whilst she was alive or I would not have been able to help her.

I feel very fortunate that she became quite placid and didn't fight all of the changes that were necessary. We know it would have been a completely different story if she had remained the feisty, stubborn woman of old.

I often think and talk about her but I still miss dad so much more. Any grief I have for mum seems to take me back to dad's passing, which some of you know hit me really hard. I guess it's quite natural to feel like that but it makes me feel bad that I don't feel so strongly about her.

Nearly all of my friends still have both parents alive and well and although I am glad they do, I can't help wishing mine were still here too!

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
I fully empathise Sue my friends I live with have elderly parents so it does make the loss seem harder sometimes esp as their parents are in their 90's and my mum died at 51

I can hardly believe its a year already

lots of support

Sarah

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
First anniversaries are the hardest so they say.
I think any anniversary is hard but more so is any time when a reminder just hits you.
That year has gone quickly Sue. Time does fly. xxx

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
A year. Gosh sue your feelings must be all over the place

Huge hugs xxxxxx OXO HIGS xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member