It will have been a year this Thursday

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
I can't quite believe it is almost a year since my mum died.

I still feel guilty though I know I have nothing to really feel guilty about because I did many things to try to make her life more comfortable. I occasionally remember how awful she was before she had dementia - I'd had to put that to one side whilst she was alive or I would not have been able to help her.

I feel very fortunate that she became quite placid and didn't fight all of the changes that were necessary. We know it would have been a completely different story if she had remained the feisty, stubborn woman of old.

I often think and talk about her but I still miss dad so much more. Any grief I have for mum seems to take me back to dad's passing, which some of you know hit me really hard. I guess it's quite natural to feel like that but it makes me feel bad that I don't feel so strongly about her.

Nearly all of my friends still have both parents alive and well and although I am glad they do, I can't help wishing mine were still here too!

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
I fully empathise Sue my friends I live with have elderly parents so it does make the loss seem harder sometimes esp as their parents are in their 90's and my mum died at 51

I can hardly believe its a year already

lots of support

Sarah

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
First anniversaries are the hardest so they say.
I think any anniversary is hard but more so is any time when a reminder just hits you.
That year has gone quickly Sue. Time does fly. xxx

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
A year. Gosh sue your feelings must be all over the place

Huge hugs xxxxxx OXO HIGS xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point