In need of a virtual hug

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
I think Izzy took more from the thread than just poor Lisette's problem.

Sorry you had a scary day with your chimney stack falling. hope you will be all right now, Gill. Did you still make your hospital appointment, or was that impossible?

It's not been so stormy here thankfully, but C was too tired to go to the lunch club sadly. I'm not sure if that is an omen for the future and if I will persuade her next week. Disappointed and a wee bit worried for her health wise, but there's worse happening in the world.

Hope everyone else is ok.

All the best. Rob

Hi rob,did you take c to the lunch club...or did storm Doris stop you ? we currently have no chimney stack and thanks to the fast response from the fire brigade it was prevented from crashing through our roof....its been quite scary here ...hope that everyone else has come out unscathed xx

Hi rob,I'm very sorry that c didn't feel up to it,hopefully its just a one off and she will be up for going next week,yes it must of been disappointing for you..I'm sorry rob,but try to be optimistic about next week if you can and march is not that far away now for your ss appointment
Yes thankfully my appointment was before we had the full force of the storm, I've had an exray of my upper spine and have to have an MRI scan to see if it is any worse than my last scan 4 years ago, im just glad we were back in time to see what was happening it could of been so much worse...but at least we are OK
Take care rob x

Last edited:

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hope the MRI scan goes well for you Gill, and you're spine is not getting any worse. Have you got a date for that?

Have a good night and sleep well if you can.

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Oh Gill , the storm sounds bad in your neck of the woods . We had a bit of snow but not as bad as some areas . I hope the damage to your house gets rectified soon. I hope the MRI doesn't show any further degeneration . Are you in a lot of pain ? Hopefully you won't wait too long for your scan . I'm sorry to hear C too tired to attend the lunch club , Rob . You both could have benefited from some time away . Fingers crossed next week is more promising . Best wishes as always, to you both and your families . Lou xx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Oh Gill , the storm sounds bad in your neck of the woods . We had a bit of snow but not as bad as some areas . I hope the damage to your house gets rectified soon. I hope the MRI doesn't show any further degeneration . Are you in a lot of pain ? Hopefully you won't wait too long for your scan . I'm sorry to hear C too tired to attend the lunch club , Rob . You both could have benefited from some time away . Fingers crossed next week is more promising . Best wishes as always, to you both and your families . Lou xx
Hi Lou,I've been worrying about you when I saw how some parts of Scotland near to you have been affected... glad your OK,we have a roofer coming out tomorrow to see what needs to be done,the fire brigade have taken most of the chimney stack down so that it is now safe...that's what you get for living on top of an hill !!!
I do have quite some pain and soreness Lou,pain is worse when I'm lying down ...this all stems from having a disc removed from my neck following a car accident in 1995 so I'm sort of used to it ....I think all of us are having some health problems at the moment aren't we !!
pleased that you have popped on to let us know you are OK my friend, going to try to get a better nights sleep tonight if I can...night night Lou xxx

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
Hello! Madness here! Mum ok. Only five weeks before the next grandchild is due (even more precious than most as girlie has had more problems than most)
Am reading our thread. Hope you are all as ok as possible! So sorry I haven't been posting. xxx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hello! Madness here! Mum ok. Only five weeks before the next grandchild is due (even more precious than most as girlie has had more problems than most)
Am reading our thread. Hope you are all as ok as possible! So sorry I haven't been posting. xxx

Morning Jenny, you're forgiven for now posting ;) Glad all is well and you are all gearing up for the new arrival. All the best to everyone.

Morning Gill, hope you slept better last night. I didn't realise your back problems had been going on so long. Hope you are ok and this week's storms miss you out.

Morning Lou, Shedrech and everyone. How are you ?

We are still a bit short of energy, but C is enjoying the snowdrop photo I posted on screensaver.

Attachments

• snobells in wood.jpg
    snobells in wood.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Morning Jenny, you're forgiven for now posting ;) Glad all is well and you are all gearing up for the new arrival. All the best to everyone.

Morning Gill, hope you slept better last night. I didn't realise your back problems had been going on so long. Hope you are ok and this week's storms miss you out.

Morning Lou, Shedrech and everyone. How are you ?

We are still a bit short of energy, but C is enjoying the snowdrop photo I posted on screensaver.

Rob I love the photo,I will download it like I've done before with your lovely photos, i hope that c will be up for the lunch club this week so that you can snatch an hour for yourself x other than feeling a bit short of energy are you both OK ?
Are we having more storms again this week ? I haven't seen the weeks forecast yet
Take care xx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Rob I love the photo,I will download it like I've done before with your lovely photos, i hope that c will be up for the lunch club this week so that you can snatch an hour for yourself x other than feeling a bit short of energy are you both OK ?
Are we having more storms again this week ? I haven't seen the weeks forecast yet
Take care xx

I forced my self to get out for a wee walk despite the grey weather. I'm still tired, but it's a good tired now., :) pleased you like the snowbells Gill. The BBC long range forecast for the week was full of cold winds and rain, so hope you're roof is secure. Have a good day and a relaxing night.

Attachments

• pensford snowbells.jpg
    pensford snowbells.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 315

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
I forced my self to get out for a wee walk despite the grey weather. I'm still tired, but it's a good tired now., :) pleased you like the snowbells Gill. The BBC long range forecast for the week was full of cold winds and rain, so hope you're roof is secure. Have a good day and a relaxing night.

That's good news rob that you went out for a walk,pleased to hear that " its a good tired " for you now....thanks again for yet another great photo....I remember the one you posted last spring of an early daffodil , it really did cheer me up and downloaded that one too
Thank you for the weather update,hopefully after the surveyor has been on Tuesday we can go ahead and get the repairs done....in the meantime I just hope we aren't going to get another battering !!!
Please keep posting and don't forget to let us know if c manages to go on Thursday xx

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Curiosity - Rob, is snowbells a local term for you? I've never known them called anything except snowdrops. I quite like snowbells though.
See it's labelled Pensthorpe, been there, years ago for the launch of The Flora of Norfolk. Suppose I could get up and see what the book said, but the rugby a bit exciting!

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Curiosity - Rob, is snowbells a local term for you? I've never known them called anything except snowdrops. I quite like snowbells though.
See it's labelled Pensthorpe, been there, years ago for the launch of The Flora of Norfolk. Suppose I could get up and see what the book said, but the rugby a bit exciting!

It's my OH who calls them snowbells, Spamar. The German word is SchneeGlockchen, which translates as snow bells.

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Aww rob , I've just seen your photo and it brought a wee lump to my throat . They were my dad's favourite spring flower ( he loved roses for the summer) . I still have some in my garden that he planted but still waiting on them blooming . Thank you for the lovely photograph , I will show my mum in the morning . She loved your other photo too. I hope you and C are doing a bit better . Im glad to see you got out for a walk , even though it would be good if you could get a proper break . I hope C manages to go on Thursday . Take care rob . X
Hi Gill , how are you ? How's your back? I haven't been up to much . My sister whom I had organised to look after my mum on Friday fell while helping my mum up the steps the other day and broke a bone in her foot . She's doing ok but unfortunately won't be able to help out for a bit . Never mind , as long as she's ok . I'm busy at work with various things which is causing a bit of stress but trying hard not to let it impinge too much . You take care of yourself my friend . Xx
Hi Jenny , it was good to hear from you . Exciting times ahead for you . I hope yourself and the mum to be are keeping well ? Fingers crossed everything goes well. Hope your mum is doing ok ? My mum is doing fine . Xx
Hi to everyone who comes across our wee thread . Best wishes to you and your family . Lou xx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Aww rob , I've just seen your photo and it brought a wee lump to my throat . They were my dad's favourite spring flower ( he loved roses for the summer) . I still have some in my garden that he planted but still waiting on them blooming . Thank you for the lovely photograph , I will show my mum in the morning . She loved your other photo too. I hope you and C are doing a bit better . Im glad to see you got out for a walk , even though it would be good if you could get a proper break . I hope C manages to go on Thursday . Take care rob . X
Hi Gill , how are you ? How's your back? I haven't been up to much . My sister whom I had organised to look after my mum on Friday fell while helping my mum up the steps the other day and broke a bone in her foot . She's doing ok but unfortunately won't be able to help out for a bit . Never mind , as long as she's ok . I'm busy at work with various things which is causing a bit of stress but trying hard not to let it impinge too much . You take care of yourself my friend . Xx
Hi Jenny , it was good to hear from you . Exciting times ahead for you . I hope yourself and the mum to be are keeping well ? Fingers crossed everything goes well. Hope your mum is doing ok ? My mum is doing fine . Xx
Hi to everyone who comes across our wee thread . Best wishes to you and your family . Lou xx

Hi Lou, its late I know, cant sleep again....sorry to read about your sister another of those things that come to try us..I do wish that I lived closer so that help would be on hand,you could do without the added stress of work too..look after yourself... Im OK just waiting for scan appointment to come through but if my condition has got any worse I think I'm still going to refuse anymore surgery xx surveyor has been out today to assess our storm damage but he is saying it is due to the fact that our chimney needed pointing so its looking like the insurance company won't pay out...even though we were hit with 80mph gusts...so bit down tonight ..hence still awake worrying...you've probably gone to bed now but night night anyway xxxx

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Hi Gill , that's terrible that the insurance company might not pay out . I've had similar myself years ago when I had a leak and they wouldn't pay out as they said there had been no storm detected in my area in the last week . I said I had only noticed but they still wouldn't pay out . They said we should check the roof after every storm . If that was the case I would be spending most of my life up on the roof or in the loft after every storm , living in Scotland ! I do hope they relent and pay for the damage to be rectified . You have got such a lot on your plate just now but try to look after yourself . Remember your still recovering from an operation as well as working through your grief . Life hasn't been kind to you lately , it's about time you were given a break my friend . Try to keep your chin up Gill , you know I'm here for you whenever you want to chat . I hope you sleep better tonight . Take care . Xxx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Hi Gill , that's terrible that the insurance company might not pay out . I've had similar myself years ago when I had a leak and they wouldn't pay out as they said there had been no storm detected in my area in the last week . I said I had only noticed but they still wouldn't pay out . They said we should check the roof after every storm . If that was the case I would be spending most of my life up on the roof or in the loft after every storm , living in Scotland ! I do hope they relent and pay for the damage to be rectified . You have got such a lot on your plate just now but try to look after yourself . Remember your still recovering from an operation as well as working through your grief . Life hasn't been kind to you lately , it's about time you were given a break my friend . Try to keep your chin up Gill , you know I'm here for you whenever you want to chat . I hope you sleep better tonight . Take care . Xxx
Hi Lou,thank you as ever for your kind words and support, sorry to hear that you had similar... So they didn't cover your damage ? makes you wonder sometimes why we pay our premiums doesn't it, we have had the official " decline " of our claim today so have contacted the insurance ombudsman and they are going to look into but I'm not hopeful but its worth a try
how is your mum Lou is she OK ? have things been any better at work today
Thanks again my friend you take care too xx
Rob,if you are about I hope that c will feel up to going to the lunch club tomorrow.... Please let us know xx