How long now?

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
Update
My dear husband passed away at dawn today. The end was peaceful; he was so tranquil and calm, and we his whole family were by his side.
So glad his passing was gentle; but lord the grief is almost unbearable
My condolences you and family @Christabella
A peaceful and calm death is the best one can wish for.
Be kind to yourself. Best wishes on the long road of grief.

Ellie2018

Jun 26, 2023
Update
My dear husband passed away at dawn today. The end was peaceful; he was so tranquil and calm, and we his whole family were by his side.
So sorry to hear your news, the grief will be so difficult for you but let’s hope in time you can find some comfort in his peaceful passing and that his time with this awful disease has passed by.

Knightlou

Jul 2, 2023
Update
So sorry to hear this @Christabella. My dad passed away last Friday after several weeks of not eating and drinking and even being put on an IV drip. Just an awful way to go and the feelings of guilt, anger and relief are overwhelming but also a feeling of numbness which concerns me that the grief hasn’t properly kicked in.

I wanted to be with him when he passed but it wasn’t to be unfortunately - he seemed stable so I went home to get some sleep and as soon as I’d left he took his last breath, it was very peaceful and the care home staff , who have been amazing, were with him which gives me some comfort - I honestly think he was waiting until we all left.

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
Sorry to read your post @Knightlou - your OH is at peace.
Try and not be too hard on yourself. You did what you thought was the best at the time, and no-one can do more.
Wishing you peace and strength at this difficult time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ksacytotec