Hi

Gozzy

Jan 31, 2024
I look after my 93 father in law since September in has been in hospital twice and his memory has deteriorated a lot we have carer coming in once a day to give medication and food was twice but he was not happy about paying for it we have had the next bill he says he doesn’t want them he lives alone, I feel better knowing someone is seeing him everyday I go two three times a week he has two other children but they do not go very often he gets dressed himself but I am find he is not changing underwear very often been two weeks and not had any to wash I mentioned this he says they must be somewhere how can I go about keeping carers we are waiting for power of attorney he called me yesterday and said he would call police as I’m making him sign cheques that he knows nothing about but I had cheque still on me showed him he wrote the full cheque for the carers I. At a loss what to do waiting for assessment in two weeks sorry for long post don’t know where to turn.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Welcome @Gozzy

Try to hold on until the power of attorney comes through and then you will be able to sign cheques for your father in law.

I told my mother everything was free on the NHS once I was able to sign cheques.

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
Hi @Gozzy and welcome to Dementia Support Forum. This is a great place to ask questions, share with people who really understand and learn from the experience of others. You are at a difficult point but are doing the right things in terms of support from carers, assessment and financial affairs. Please come back here whenever you need support.

Recent Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enticottdebbie