Hi everyone

Debdad

Jul 3, 2024
Hi there , I am new here . I help care for my dad and mum who are 93 and 91 . Dad has dementia and fell 2 weeks ago , fracturing his hip . I live 5 minutes from them and are trying my best to care for them . Dad came home on Sunday , walking with a zimmer and supervision . It would be nice to hear from fellow carers , and just get a bit of support xx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @Debdad.

I’m sorry to hear about your dad and his fall. I’m glad you’ve found this forum. You’ll certainly find understanding and support here.

Calon Lan

May 21, 2024
Hi @Debdad and welcome.

My 91 year old mum has Alzheimer’s and vascular dementia. She fractured her hip just over a year ago. It took several weeks but she recovered well. She walks without a frame although she is a bit unsteady, especially when she is tired. I hope that your dad recovers quickly after his injury.

You have a lot to manage while helping to care for your dad and your mum. I hope that you can find time and energy to look after yourself as well. There are always people here who understand and will do their best to offer advice and support.

Sending thoughts and best wishes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mecooo