Hi I.m new I have a mom with Alzheimer's and a sister with dementia.

evo56

Nov 26, 2023
Hi I'm so stressed.. My sister who lives down the street from my parents ( mom with Alzheimer's dad starting to get a little confused) when I call her and ask about my parents she lies and keeps repeating the same story...She takes them to their appointments and keeps getting them confused...when I try to straighten them out she gets more confused and then gets angry with me...I find myself not wanting to call her ( we used to be very close) cause calls are painful...My dad keeps complaint that she never comes to see him or help him out and he gets little confused they both are and my Mom who has Alzheimer's I'm so stressed any advise? I live out of town my dad is 93 mom is 91 she was just placed in a rehab facility and I'm questioning her care but I'cant depend on my sister????

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Welcome @evo56

Long distance caring must be the worst situation possible.

If you can`t get correct information from your sister I would try to contact the care facility to see what they can tell you.

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Is you sister diagnosed with dementia too?
if not, It may well be dad that is getting it wrong. Is anyone taking him to appointments? is there any evidence to say he has or hasnt been somewhere?

if dad says he didnt go to see mum, and she says she took him, id be inclined to believe her. I think id get angry too ifi was her, if this is the case