respite

paper7

At the moment trying different care homes for Robert due to aggression it is becoming hard to place him last home to assess him mentioned Memory care homes he will be council funded has anyone used this style of care home any info would be helpful

canary

Hello @paper7

Memory Care is a term I have only heard of from people in US. Which country are you in? If you are in UK it may be that the American term has started to be adopted here too, but usually in UK they are called EMI or Dedicated Dementia Units/homes. My mum was in one and the care was very good as there was a higher staff ratio and they had better training and experience in dementia care

paper7

Hello @paper7

Memory Care is a term I have only heard of from people in US. Which country are you in? If you are in UK it may be that the American term has started to be adopted here too, but usually in UK they are called EMI or Dedicated Dementia Units/homes. My mum was in one and the care was very good as there was a higher staff ratio and they had better training and experience in dementia care
Hi I am in the UK this was the term used by a member of staff at a care home which was the second one that refused him due to aggression