Hello, I am new to the forum and really need some advice re : problems with my sibling over care for my Mum who has Alzheimer’s.

Mulligan56

Aug 4, 2022
It all started when my Dad become poorly with a uti , he eventually had to go into hospital and also had a stroke , he wanted to be at home and cared for but my sister wanted him to go into a care home .
I managed to keep him at home but my sister caused a lot of trouble , she only went up to see him once a week or less , I was up there everyday, and stayed over when he eventually become bedridden .
My sister wanted all medication stopped and tried to interveneand even tried to get them to put in a syringe driver !
He eventually passed away at home peacefully in 2021.
My Mum was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s during this period , she is now middle stage and I am battling to keep her at home for as long as possible as this is her wish.
My sister has an agenda to get her into a care home and has had this plan for the last 2 years .
My Mum has 2 carer visits a day , as my sister wanted the 3rd tea visit cancelled to save money.
The care company will not speak to her anymore as she is so abusive .
Every time I have to speak to her she is negative in every aspect.
We have a ring doorbell and my Mum has recently gone out on her own once but came back , I’m obviously concerned as she is not great with crossing roads .
I spoke to the care company and they suggested an AirTag and maybe reinstate tea visits at weekends ( as this is when I don’t go up there and take her out etc)
Spoke to my sister but it’s the usual negative reply and battle and she now says she should be going into care . And we have joint power of attorney, that she is now threatening me with .
Really need advice , Iam also not clear on what happens with my Mum’s house if she does eventually need to go into care as my sister is adamant that she wants to rent it out to her son and then the rent would pay the fees .
I rally think that spells troubl and would rather sell it in the future.
I just care about my Mum’s health and happiness not the money.
My sister has already tried to get a new kitchen put in ready but I wouldn’t allow it .
Sorry it’s a long story but that’s just a shorter version! Thank you

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Welcome @Mulligan56

My sister wanted all medication stopped and tried to interveneand even tried to get them to put in a syringe driver !

I think there may be a safeguarding issue here and suggest you contact the helpline.