Grumpy OH

Tinas7

Jun 5, 2018
Oh what a night we have had.
The poor hubby has been up all night in pain, he knocked his arm yesterday morning so think we will get it checked today at the hospital. It breaks my heart when you can’t fix it right there and then as he is confused as to why the pain is there. We have got the family coming down today. I will try to grab an hour to catch some sleep they will be fine to sit with hubby, don’t know what I’d do without them, hopefully going to be a nice day today will do a big family lunch this afternoon maybe sit out in the garden, the boys have tennis bats at the moment...... still learning maybe hit the ball every now and then . Stay strong ladies.

God bless xx

Beads

Jul 19, 2017
Hi @MIA56 I'm so sorry this has happened . Please don't leave we will miss you my friend. Until someone has been a carer of a person with Dementia I don't know how they can comment .Posting on here for us is sometimes our only way of venting our feelings & also keeping in touch with other carers in similar position. Please ignore them & if they have nothing better to do than to troll this site then they are sad. Come back my friend . Axxx

Hopeful123

Oct 24, 2015
West yorks
Hi Mia56, sorry to hear you are leaving us. Perhaps you as come back after a short while. This is the place that helps us realize we are not the only person struggling, it’s the place we can let off steam, the place where we can have a laugh, you need it Mia56, please reconsider, hopeful123

Last edited by a moderator:

AliceA

May 27, 2016
I am so sorry to hear this, I am not very expert at forums but could you rejoin with another more private identity.
You need this, and we need you. You may have upset people but how much more have they upset you?
If they had given more support they would not have taken offence but realised you needed even more help.
I went to hospital in a volunteer car, the drive was bright and interesting, we had quite a lively chat. I felt as if I had been to a social event rather than the dentist, how sad is that.
I had not been out on my own for so long I wonder whether I know how.
I feel although it is heart bending and hard to see someone you deeply love go downit must be even harder in a different way when love is absent. I know of Carers tied to duty.
How we care, why we care, when we care it is always just so exhausting. What would people that say they are 'hurt' do if you were not rolling up your sleeves and getting on with it?
I hope that this is not out of order, I do not know the back story. What I do know we are all do the best in our way while walking on quicksand.

Last edited by a moderator:

PalSal

Dec 4, 2011
Pratteln Switzerland
I am so sorry to hear this, I am not very expert at forums but could you rejoin with another more private identity.
You need this, and we need you. You may have upset people but how much more have they upset you?
If they had given more support they would not have taken offence but realised you needed even more help.
I went to hospital in a volunteer car, the drive was bright and interesting, we had quite a lively chat. I felt as if I had been to a social event rather than the dentist, how sad is that.
I had not been out on my own for so long I wonder whether I know how.
I feel although it is heart bending and hard to see someone you deeply love go downit must be even harder in a different way when love is absent. I know of Carers tied to duty.
How we care, why we care, when we care it is always just so exhausting. What would people that say they are 'hurt' do if you were not rolling up your sleeves and getting on with it?
I hope that this is not out of order, I do not know the back story. What I do know we are all do the best in our way while walking on quicksand.
@AliceA walking on quicksand that is a great analogy.....love it!

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Drives me potty........ when he turns down the lottery results, in case the numbers he used to do, come up, he doesn't wish to know!!!!
Mind I can see the point, good logic! How frustrating if the numbers came up! :)
We had a friend who forgot to buy his mother in laws, he watched with bated breathe as hers came up. He got as far as planning to sell the house, the last two number I believe failed, it turned out to be an extraordinary week when the prize was very small in any case and shared out. He reckoned he could have had a heart attack.
He never forgot again! We nearly laughed ourselves to death. He was so dead pan he could not see the funny side.

margherita

May 30, 2017
Italy, Milan and Acqui Terme
Hi everyone,
How are you doing?
These days my husband is complaining because we haven't been on holiday for a long time. He says he would like to go to the seaside, somewhere in southern Italy where in October it is still summer.
I swore to myself I would never go away with him after a disastrous five-day holiday in London two years ago. His tantrums, complaints, foibles spoiled those days. I do not want to have another experience like that.
Better to stay at home under house arrest. It is free, at least.
I can't contradict him because he gets angry, so I suavely tell him we can go , but he should tell me where he wants to go, how and when.
He does not seem to know what he wants to do, so he puts off any decision.
And luckily the bad season isn't far away.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Good morning Margherita, I too have tended to agree to a trip but after medical appointments are all sorted, at the same time as showing how cosy we are at home. I had spent some of the money saved on doing so, he is thrilled with the small sunroom on the side.
It is sad in his mind we can still walk on mountains where in fact walking with the walker is struggle enough on bad days.
We had a few days away mid 2017. I was on tenter hooks the whole time, it certainly was no holiday for me.
I have looked at options, there is a scheme for a holiday companion to be there. I have enquired but the not the cost, as hospital treatment is an issue at the moment. I imagine it is very costly. However they do between 1 and 21 days.
For me a break is a quiet day!
Wishing you well, Alice

AliceA

May 27, 2016
That's what I'm longing for.
A quiet day on my own, also at home, doing nothing and letting my mind rest.
We must be careful what we wish for! My husband had a hearing aid appointment, we accepted an offer to be dropped in town for two hours. I was ready to go when I felt a bit dizzy, we had already cancelled once so our extremely busy daughter changed her schedule to take him. My BP had soared but by evening it was down, no really logical reason. I did have two hours of rest, I had not been able to get out the village for a couple of months, I was looking forward to the trip! However I did not feel that excited!
Another appointment looms today but it will be straight there and back.
Another one for him on Monday to hospital, a dreaded early start, he gets anxious so is up in the middle of the night to get ready. Often I do not warn him but he had a little diary so constantly checks as a point of reference.

Hey, ho, do hope you have a good day ahead.

Beads

Jul 19, 2017
Hi all it’s been awhile since I posted nothing wrong just busy . I have now & again read a few posts. Hope you all keeping well
@margherita how are you & OH.
@longlostfan not seen any posts off you hope you have now got rid of your dizziness.
@Rosebush sorry I missed your birthday yesterday but I have put belated wishes on your thread.
Nothing changed here grumpy still living up to his name .
Take care all speak soon.
A xx

Rosebush

Apr 2, 2018
Hi all it’s been awhile since I posted nothing wrong just busy . I have now & again read a few posts. Hope you all keeping well
@margherita how are you & OH.
@longlostfan not seen any posts off you hope you have now got rid of your dizziness.
@Rosebush sorry I missed your birthday yesterday but I have put belated wishes on your thread.
Nothing changed here grumpy still living up to his name .
Take care all speak soon.
A xx
Hi, Beads thank you, so glad you are ok was beginning to get worried, another lovely day pity I have to spend it with OH:eek: Take care Lx

Beads

Jul 19, 2017
Hi all how is everyone. Have been for a lovely walk this morning with my friend . That’s blown a few cobwebs away it was really fresh with a nip in the air. Called off for a lite lunch all this before OH is up. Hope you all have a quiet week & take some time out for (YOU.) Axx

Rosebush

Apr 2, 2018
Hi all how is everyone. Have been for a lovely walk this morning with my friend . That’s blown a few cobwebs away it was really fresh with a nip in the air. Called off for a lite lunch all this before OH is up. Hope you all have a quiet week & take some time out for (YOU.) Axx
Hi, Beads just been to town and treated myself to a new jumper(belated birthday present) 0H now asleep:p I wish I could go out and leave him alone, but he can't be trusted, God knows what he's get up to. Lxx

longlostfan

Aug 14, 2016
Hi everyone, I’ve not posted for ages. It’s not been a bundle of laughs at my end, and although it’s nice to have a rant/moan I just want to feel happier and more positive when I post, and sadly I haven’t been.
Where to start.......my lovely daughter had a heart attack 6 weeks ago, she’s been feeling very stressed for some time but this was a bolt out of the blue. She’s only 45. She was driving and thank God managed to pull over and drive off the A1 and someone called an ambulance. She’s had treatment, a stent fitted but it’s been such a shock. My son and I had to make several trips to the hospital when she was in which was quite a distance from where we live - we had to hire a car as we got rid of ours as OH got so difficult about not being able to drive, a fact I thought he’d accepted, and would not realise it was now in my sons name anyway.
Anyway we had to leave him alone for several hours, he was not too bad though very confused, and still is.
He has also not been at all well, and I still have my labrynthitis and have had a few continuing visits to various audiology appointments!
Anyway, just to let you all know that I do think about you all and hope that you are managing to cope as best you can with all the day to day problems as best you can.
Love to all xx

Sad Staffs

Jun 26, 2018
Hi everyone, I’ve not posted for ages. It’s not been a bundle of laughs at my end, and although it’s nice to have a rant/moan I just want to feel happier and more positive when I post, and sadly I haven’t been.
Where to start.......my lovely daughter had a heart attack 6 weeks ago, she’s been feeling very stressed for some time but this was a bolt out of the blue. She’s only 45. She was driving and thank God managed to pull over and drive off the A1 and someone called an ambulance. She’s had treatment, a stent fitted but it’s been such a shock. My son and I had to make several trips to the hospital when she was in which was quite a distance from where we live - we had to hire a car as we got rid of ours as OH got so difficult about not being able to drive, a fact I thought he’d accepted, and would not realise it was now in my sons name anyway.
Anyway we had to leave him alone for several hours, he was not too bad though very confused, and still is.
He has also not been at all well, and I still have my labrynthitis and have had a few continuing visits to various audiology appointments!
Anyway, just to let you all know that I do think about you all and hope that you are managing to cope as best you can with all the day to day problems as best you can.
Love to all xx
What an awful time you and your family are having.
I’m so pleased your daughter has been treated for her heart attack, and it sounds as though her health is improving. It must have been such a shock for you all. I hope that she can move forward and work to remove the stress from her life.
I don’t know what I can say that will provide comfort. But I am thinking about you, wishing you well, and sending love, B x

longlostfan

Aug 14, 2016
What an awful time you and your family are having.
I’m so pleased your daughter has been treated for her heart attack, and it sounds as though her health is improving. It must have been such a shock for you all. I hope that she can move forward and work to remove the stress from her life.
I don’t know what I can say that will provide comfort. But I am thinking about you, wishing you well, and sending love, B x
Thanks - much appreciated. Such lovely people on here xx