Goodbye my love .... John died today

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I'm thinking of you Scarlett- as always. Deep breaths needed today, hold your head up and remember that you are doing your John proud.

I can imagine John nudging Pete and saying 'I bet your Lyn can't beat that':)

Love and special thoughts to you

Lyn T XX

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
ImageUploadedByTalking Point1420617514.026577.jpg

Holding your hand tight xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Thank you for your lovely messages and the PMs too. This morning, I was looking out, into the garden, when 8 or 9 robins appeared, and started doing a dance, more or less in a circle, flying from one side to the other. I have never seen more than 2 or 3 together.

It made me laugh, and when their little show was over, and with the sun shining, I felt peaceful and uplifted. I'm not going to start getting myself ready for an hour or 2, as there's no need. I have requested that everybody else goes straight to the Crematorium, and my daughter and family will be arriving about half an hour before the cortege is due.

Whereas my Mum looked lovely in the Chapel of Rest, 20 years ago, and my Dad, 30 years ago, didn't look too bad, I was in and out yesterday in under a minute. John looked like a very poor waxwork of himself, and reminded me of a family holiday, decades ago, when we went to an exhibition called something like "Brian" Tussauds.

"Elvis" was only recognisable, because of his sideburns and white jump suit and John said he looked more like Prince Charles! And yesterday, John looked smart, but not like John at all. I came out and I told the children it was best to remember their Dad the way he was, so I just handed over his unopened birthday cards to go in his coffin.

The first of the flowers arrived, "DAD", and I was glad the children could see them. And now, I have forgotten the face I saw in the Chapel of Rest, and it has been replaced in my mind by the John I loved.

If I forget any of the Eulogy, it doesn't matter, but I will try. I can do this. I will do this. And I'll make John proud.

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
I am glad your memory of. Your husband is as he was when he was well. I deleted all the dreadful pictures and now only have happy ones. On show.

I wish you a peaceful time in this last goodbye. There are so many aren't there.

We start saying goodbye as they become ill, then someof us have tosay goodbye again as they have to go into full time care, then we say goodbye when they actually die, then we say goodbye at the service.

Robins are a wonderful sign and. Perhaps an invitation to anew "hallo" as you enterthenext stage of your life, and you cantakeyour husband and his smile withyou

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Scarlett my dear,

I'm so glad you saw that little dance of life and joy this morning. As you say an unusual event to see so many robins together.

No it doesn't matter if you can't remember the whole eulogy; everyone (including John) will know what is in your heart.

Another step to take Scarlett, another step.

Love,

Lyn T XX

Nanak

Mar 25, 2010
Brisbane Australia
I have been following your thread Scarlett and admiring your fortitude and patience.
My thoughts are with you today as you say goodbye to your John. With all the virtual presences of TP'ers at your side you cannot falter :)

Kim

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
My thoughts are full of you this morning, Scarlett. So good that after watching the robins dance you felt peaceful and uplifted.

Also that you are seeing your John as you knew and loved him, and still do love him.
May these feelings remain with you and see you through today.

If I forget any of the Eulogy, it doesn't matter, but I will try. I can do this. I will do this. And I'll make John proud.
Yes you will, Scarlett, you will, and John will be proud.

With love

Loo xx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
How lovely to have those robin visitors today. I've never seem more than 2 together either.
I know what you mean about John not being John in the the Chapel of Rest. I wrote about it at the time the lady in the Funeral Director's told me to take as long as I liked but I wasn't in there for long at all. I went out and said that Dave wasn't there, it wasn't him. That which made him Dave had gone from him.

I am thinking of you and remembering our funeral. You are so strong to be able to recount the eulogy. I was pretty much a mess in the crematorium.
I hope everything goes smoothly and serenely. x

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
I'm sure your Celebration will be over by the time you read this, Scarlett and I'm also sure you will have made John very proud. So, time to sit back and mourn in peace. God bless you. Verityxx

Sent from my GT-N5110

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Dear Scarlett, I've been thinking about you all day and hope all went well at John's Celebration.

I am sad that seeing John in the Chapel wasn't helpful, but am glad that you have already replaced that memory with the lovely thoughts of him.

I love the thought of the robins dancing, nature is so wonderful.

Sending love and strength. Jan x