Getting the medication in.

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
I know Brucie, you're right, but there's a bit of history here. He left me sitting on my 21st birthday years ago, dressed up to the nines and feeling like a fool. Everyone whom knows me knows that tale. I know he felt awful about it later (too much to drink at the time!) I just can't let him off with that sort of stuff anymore. Phone is currently off the hook and mobile switched off. Let him sweat.

I can tell you one thing Bruce. There's not many like you. Wish there were!

Thanks for the support. This is turning into the lonely hearts club never mind carers support, but you guys are the best support I have. Who'd have thought when I was buying my computer it would be a lifeline some day.
Hope you guys don't mind the stuff I post. Maybe it's too personal, sorry, I've always worn my heart on my sleeve, collar and even the little turn ups on my jeans.

Off to listen to Barry Manilow now. As long as I stay off the Lenord Cohen I'll be fine.

Lonely Heart Magic xx

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Hi Magic, 'course I have and got the T shirt! You post what you like, it is not just for dementia problems (least I don't think it is, OOOOooops!) It's about the dementia carers and what they have to go through just as much. In fact, I think it's that even more, because we are fighting our loved ones corner furiously as it is. This is a place to come to for help, for consolation, a laugh and a cry, all the BxxxxY lot ! We need it, we need each other, so you post!! Lotsalove, She. XX

C

Chesca

Good mornin', Mrs Gradgrind

Have you been through the sack cloth and ashes for the diamonds, yet? And put the phone back on the hook: Clooney has been trying to get in touch with you all night and rang me in desparation for info. You don't half pick your moments!

Hope you're feeling better after a sleep - always supposing you managed a snooze. As you can see from the time, I've yet to get there so god knows what I'm going to be like for the rest of the day!

Try not to give yourself a hard time today- leave it to others, there's enough of them by the sound of things.

Good wishes for a better day
Chesca

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Thanks She and Ches.
Not bothered about all the nonsense with yer man last night. He's left txts on moby etc will set him free from the dog house later, but for the second night in a row mum had dad and I awake all night, talking really loudly in her sleep and coughing persistantly all night.
There's something working on her, hate to call the doctor, if you don't get your own GP (what's the chances of a house call?) they want to cart her off to the hospital for x-rays etc because of her lung disease history. She's been on antibiotics constantly for weeks on end (months) and only finished another course on Thurs, how many antibiotics can a body take?

The physio wasn't too pleased that she wouldn't take her meds for her in respite, and let me know yesterday. Did I ask her to administer them to her? No. She was just going to be the star of the show giving meds, she'll take them from me attitude, she was raging when mum wouldn't. Deary me, what delicate, precious creatures we have working in the NHS, maybe she would be more suited to the butterfly house at the zoo, or possibly she should get the educational video "Dementia: The Monster" to help her. (By the way, this video is not currently NOT available at your locals stores). Why am I being treated like I am the parent of a naughty child? My mother has a brain disease, what control do I or she have over it? Am I being over sensitive about all this or has anyone else experienced this as a carer too?

Chesca: Get some sleep woman. And tell Clooney I'm free tonight. (He's a nusiance that one!)

Last edited:

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Magic and All,

I was up with Mum four times during the night and didn't really get much of a sleep in between. I had a very weird dream about waiting in a gift shop selling watches and cheap jewellery and I was watching television with two Indonesian Tour Guides. Very odd indeed! [I can understand the tour guide bit, but the tacky jewellery has got me beat.]

Sounds like you had a blah night all round too, Magic. We could have had a 'tea and angst' session at 3am and joined the night surfers here.

Sounds like the fiance is sufficiently penitent this morning to be forgiven, perhaps? Brucie has delivered the case for the defense extremely well, I thought.

Chesa's made my morning already with her post. I shall resolve to remain 21 and take up stilt walking so that I can borrow the slingbacks without breaking an ankle.

Jude xx

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Hitting the Media

Dear Magic,

Now that I've woken up enough to read posts properly.......

We definitely need to go for the throat in terms of grabbing people by the emotions, if you'll excuse the term. A few facts and figures only. I'm going to start a new thread, so that we can contribute ideas to begin with.

Jude

storm

Aug 10, 2004
notts
Hi all, Is there only me that had a sleep last night! that means i can have clooney later because the rest of you will be to tired.
I dont know why i still get angry at the attitude of so called professionals in the caring sector i should be used to it by now,but that doesnt mean we have to acceptit. In future when i know the best thing for my mum i am going to stand up to them and say my opinion does count and nomore is anyone going to belittle mum or me.
Sorry about your broken heart magic but im still having clooney .STORM

storm

Aug 10, 2004
notts
hI ALL, me again just a thought what i do if all else fails with pills is to get a rolo insert pills inside rolo and give it to mum and i have a pill free one at the same time its never failed yet,im sure any soft centred sweet would work but do not put in fridge first and do not mix docterd sweets up.STORM

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Storm good idea, just been out a bought a pill crusher. Mum is down with another chest infection, physio was here anitbiotics have been started but she thinks it may end up a hospital job, will be doing everything to make sure it's not. Knackered!
Storm you can have Clooney as I am too tired for him at present, but understand that, he's only out on loan because I like you.
Make the most of it. He's a tiger!

C

Chesca

JUST ONE COTTON-PICKIN, MO, HERE. Who was it, in a fit of pique, who cut herself off from the outside world and who was it, dressed in floral pique, who sat up all night providing an answer phone service on behalf of aforementioned fitter, having to put up with incessant whining of George Bloody Clooney and his laments about Magic never being there when he needed her? On and on he went until I had to say Sorry, Georgie old bean, but do you think I've nothing better to do than listen to you all night when I've an oven to clean! God, these Hollywood types.

So if you two, Storm and Magic, are to enter into the boxing ring will the victor please remember to whom they owe the prize and buy me a drink! Not even a by your leave........Hussies!

May I be so bold as to ask why one is purchasing a pill crusher. Is this a new yuppie craze along with the Starke juicer? Will the new topic of conversation at fashionable eateries vere along the lines of: We have ours done by Boots or Well, darlings we are quite good friends of Bert who offered to do ours in bulk - a years supply in one go for the entire neighbourhood providing we can transport it to his business premises 'Dan's Damned Dannies and Assorted Scrap & Sons Crushed to a powder fit to make a souffle! Mine's a freezer bag and the heel of a wooden clog kept for a purpose now realised.

Brilliant idea with the rollos. Must try that next time Mum is in trouble.

To the victor, the spoils!
Chesca

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Chesca, George has decided after hearing your dulcet tones that he no longer wants me or Storm, it has to be Chesca. I am gutted! But that's guys for you.
With the size of the antibiotics mum has gotten today I should have forgotten about the pill crusher and just got a JCB to run over them! How the hell do they expect anyone to take these horse pills?

C

Chesca

Magic, Psst! just a quickie

Bazza's on BBC1 9.10 tomorrow night. Dont tell anyone I told you.
Catchya later
Chesca

storm

Aug 10, 2004
notts
Ok guys i give in i never fancied clooney anyway! i shall sit here sucking rolos by the dozen while crushing pills just for the heck of it. Why did you just not use a rolling pin or is it just a class thing? Magic my thoughts are with you and your mum hope she picks up soon luv storm

C

Chesca

Dearest Storm and Magic

Storm, You're a little 'calm before the storm' by the sound of things and I'm not sure you're a happy bunny: Are you going to let a little thing like total physical and mental exhaustion with life, the system, AD, and 176 hours without sleep interrupt social intercourse with one of Hollywood's finest? Am seriously worried about you both. Or......................do you know something about the Cloone that I should be told. I've no answer to the pill crusher business - a bloody good crush with a well-aimed heel or hammer has always worked for me. Stored up anger is the best tool for any amount of crushing. Speaking of which, have you managed yet to find some time for YOU, lovely little carer you?

As for dulcet tones, Magic? More dull and set at the moment apparently, according to my local critic - who has just taken himself off to bed, knackered after (and I have to agree) well deserving of a good night's sleep since he left the house at 4.00 this morning and arrived home at 8.00 this evening. I was even offered the placatory message that given my back-to-back chest infection has left me almost pneumonic he wouold check up on Mum tomorrow. Quelle support! ME TOO would like a good night's sleep and to that end am indulging in a glass of red wine.

Sending you multiple cheers and thanks for being there always and all ways - need you all so much tonight. The Cloone's loss!

Here's to a kinder tomorrow
Chesca (also known as 'midnight minnie')

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Storm, I don't have a rolling pin! Isn't that awful? There was one lying about the house for years but he bought a plane ticket one night and said he was running off to live with Jamie Oliver. Rolling Pins, unpredicatable lot!

The crusher was only £1.99 and so far has proved invaluable what with the arthritis in my hands and mum almost choking to death (this is no joke!) last night on only half an antibiotic. She did her very best to get it down bless her, but the antibiotic is the size of a small horse, I'm having to keep them in the garage!
Why can't the manufacturers make these things either smaller or in liquid form? I wouldn't would be able to get those things down myself. It's bad enough watching her suffering like this, she so weak and moans in pain all day, then the big bad carer comes along and tries to finish her of with the "medicine". Can't somebody do something about this medication problem? What could we do to get some attention or help from the makers?

Chesca, am secretly looking forward to the bazza fix later. At last, something to live for!

When are you ever going to get some sleep woman? I managed a bit last night after getting through a rather strained evening with the fiance (the ring is back on but I fear the relationship is currently packing it's bags). Oh well, that's a carer's life for you. It gets you and everything round you in the end.

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear All,

Rolling pins and rollos, even the odd mortar and pestle. All sound good to me. I bought some rollos yesterday, and they proved a big success last night. The parents are rather partial to chocolate.

I have to confess that I wouldn't recognise Clooney if I fell over him in Waitrose. Ditto for Bazza. Before you all start shrieking - please do remember that we only got a TV a couple of years back in Bali and I'm not really up with the glitterati and any type of events post 1989.

Jude

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
I have just tasted the crushed antibiotic in yogurt and it is bloody disgusting. Tasted like eating mercury. God help wee mummy. I wouldn't ask her to do that again. Have now found out this antibiotic comes in liquid form. Why the hell do carers have to do ******g everything ourselves?

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Yes, I had to do that with a lot too, hoped you would have better luck so didn't mention it so as not to drag you down. Suggest you check on other meds too, I was told 99 per cent come in liquid form or a substitute is available. Excuse me, going to go see Norms fairies for a quick scream, (when is it gonna change!!)Love, She. XX

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch