Getting the medication in.

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
I thought, from your recent appearance in the newspapers, it was a man in uniform that did it for you! I also heard you liked your men with big butties.
Just malicious rumours Jude?

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Magic,

Oh, you awful woman, you...! How could you give my secrets away like that?

I'm in tears...... You've just cracked me up with laughter. Big butties INDEED. I feel compelled to try and send you a photo of my idea of male perfection. Stand by for later.

Jude

Last edited:

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Can't wait Jude to see this male specimen of yours!

If I could pick my perfect male through all time, I would have Clark Gable as Rhett Butler in Gone With The Wind! Now that was a man! It's also my favourite movie of all time.

I bet Rhett had big butties.

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Heaven on a Stick....

I think this guy is pretty cute....

Attachments

• henky.jpg
    henky.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 328

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dea Magic,

As you can see from the photo, I do have a very wild taste in men. What this has to do with Altzheimers is anyone's guess really....

Jude xx

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
By the way,

A soon not to be 'friend' of mine dropped in to visit this afternoon when I was on the web. He looked at my photo and said - 'Crikey, that's about 10 years out of date isn't it?' It was only taken a couple of years ago....

Talk about being shot down in flames! I feel seriously depressed about this! Mind you, having looked in the mirror tonight, I have to agree that he does have a point, sadly. It must be the daily grind that is getting to me more than I realised.

Jude

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Jude Jude Judy Judy Baby! Is this your husband? Or is this just a wanton fantasy?

And let's face it, the very fact that you don't know what this has to do with Alzheimer's obviously makes it perfectly relevant!

Now we know what lies on the other side of the world. No wonder you're rushing back! You obvioulsy only come back here to stock up on wellies and black nylon undies for naughty nights with Bali Bob of the Big Butties.

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
By the way Jude, it was only a few weeks ago my fiance looked at me and said, "I could show you a photo taken of you at Christmas and you wouldn't think it was the same woman now!"
Caring takes it's toll on your face, back, joints, need I go on?
He, of course is a perfect, never changing Adonis. Did I mention eyesight?

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Guys,

Ah well, I do have to admit that this IS a wanton fantasy! BUT...

I do actually happen to married to him as well - almost 10 years now. Looks pretty good for 45 'in the dusk with the light behind him' doesn't he? The lying swine still maintains he's 35 though. I've seen his birth certificate, so he can't lie to ME.

No wonder our phone bills are astronomical..! Indonesians are among the most beautiful people on earth. Mind you, he can be a pain in the neck quite often.

Now you know where I go in my head whilst I'm waltzing around here doing my caring bit every day. I love my parents, but I do wish I was at home.

Jude

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Magic,

I had a serious fit of the 'depressions' this afternoon after the crack about my photo. Men can be so unintentionally rude can't they?

I went through the whole gamit of face lifts; breast reductions; botox; lipo-watsits and the whole works. No wonder my parents don't recognise me any more! It's a wonder Ollie knows who I am and he's only been here for 3 weeks.....

God, what do I look like? Some overweight, aging 50 year old teenager in Doc Martens and tights...? Maybe I should get 'with it' and dress according to my years. Blah... that means wearing shoes [not Doc's] for a start. Twin-set and pearls....? Mum's got loads of that stuff. Next thing, I'll need a labradog as a 'seeing eye aid'.

I think I'll just keep walking for the Trek and continue to adhere to my theory that 'you are only as old as the man you are feeling'.

Jude xx

PS: Get your fiance fixed up with some decent glasses, woman!

C

Chesca

wanton? isn't that something I usually get from the takeaway.....in soup with noodles?

Speaking of takeaways and noodles. Oh, God, Jude I bet you want to be home. I feel so sad after reading that, it's almost a plaintive cry. You soon will be. I can't believe we are now in October - where did September go? That's my pace, though; bet it's dragging for you. You must feel like a prisoner counting the days. 35, 45 95, who cares as long as he loves you as you deserve.

As for Rhett of Magic fame! Have booked a flight over to Aldergrove for the purpose of telling him that what a woman wants to hear is anything other than she looks as bad as she feels and, by the way, you're no oil painting yourself and that's without the strain!. Anybody with as much love as has Magic is a very beautiful person indeed and a little reassurance when we are at our lowest ebb wouldn't go amiss.

JJ has just remarked that I could do with being a little wanton from time to time! I should dive into soup? Messy, messy.

Oodles of noodles
Chesca

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Yeah well,

It could have been wantan, wanton or wantin... Anyway, it definitely featured noodles, garlic and chili, whatever else...

I'm going off to bed with a good book shortly.

How boring.....

Jude

C

Chesca

Judi, judi, judi

You need to borrow my sequinned, peep toe, slingbacks with 3 inch heels. You won't be able to walk but they'll look pretty fine adorning your delicate peds perched atop the new burgundy banquette.

The daily grind of being a carer saps your confidence. Should I wash my hair before I belt out to the whatever or should I just shove it up in a clip because I'm too tired for vanity is often the choice. The clip wins every time.

You too are beautiful - we all are and I will brook no argument - but we do get tired. Do you really care what an insensitive git thinks? Bet your hubby wouldn't agree, and he is what matters, and I don't, for what that matters.

Interesting tale (for me) and boring (for you probably) but two weeks ago I caught up with an old childhood neighbour (another carer) who, as he told me, fell in love with me when I was 15 - and he didn't mention it to me at the time! Told me I looked fantastic and bought me a glorious glass of red wine ((I was giving him an old recording of Jussi Bjorling for his Dad who adored the singer). I thanked him and gave him a bone for his guide dog! I just happened to be having a good and rare hair/skin/temper day but didn't tell him that. However, I arrived home floating on a bubble and didn't look in the mirror for a week! For all I know he was lying through his teeth, but he wasn't wearing dentures!

Lots of love
Chesca

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
You wouldn't believe it girls, have just been stood up by the fiance whom gave up everything to fly home and be with me. Have told him where to stick the engagement ring. I wouldn't have cared about not seeing him tonight. I even said to him last night, if you're going to your friend's don't bother calling here after, but he insisted. This ****ed me off a bit as I knew I'd be tired by 9pm. But got ready, changed, showered etc, wishing I didn't have to and he sends a text at 9.30 saying do you mind if we leave it? Went ballastic, too old and too tired to be messed around. He has no idea what being a carer is like and time is precious. Usually I'm all smiles and accomodating to all around but the days are getting so difficult, small things seem to set me off.
This has nothing to do with Alzheimers but it has everything to do with being a carer and how hard it is to balance your world and how easy it is to tilt it.

Mum took all her meds tonight, no bother. She seemed very sad, so I sat with her holding her hand just her and me and asked what was wrong? It took a while but she said, "I get depressed sometimes because I can't remember and I don't always know..."
I knew what she meant. Mum is very much mum in her brain, but her verbal communication skills are dwindling, this frustrates her. Now I know why she's been aggressive. I have watched care assistants and the CPN talk infront of her as if she doesn't understand, I have been guilty of it myself. She is clearly hurt by this, what an idiot I've been. Sometimes you can tell a lot from a quiet moment to actually listen to a dementia patient, maybe all the frantic fuss of medications and routines don't really matter. Am going to try and remember that mum is still mum, she always will be to me no matter what. I have fallen for all the **** that these so called caring professionals peddle about it not being my mother anymore etc. What ****! Had to laugh that day the CPN was treating mum like a half wit, asking if she knew who I was and whom dad was and was laughing at her. Mum got very angry and said "I know there's something wrong with me, I can't find the right words to tell"

Jude your idea about "alerting the media" is great. But I think a different angle should be taken. Not the facts and figures and downfalls of the services etc, but the heart felt emotions, and world shattering changes that we have all had to face, patients and carers alike.
I bet we could all come up with some great stuff, there are very precious, special people on this site. I've read their hearts and I think others would benefit from that too. I know I have. You have all kept me afloat.
Thanks.
Newly Single Magic. x

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Dear Magic, so sorry you've had a rotton evening. What you said about your Mum, thats so true, I think you are on to a good idea there with how it all affects us. Hope the sun shines for you tomorrow, love, She. XX

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Magic

sorry about your being stood up, but don't let that wreck things for you. Other halves of whatever variety can very easily cause upset quite unintentionally. If yours gave everything up to be with you, then that's pretty special, isn't it?

As you say, he has no idea what being a carer is all about.

Sleep on it!

A guy has to be allowed a few faux pas. When you told him not to bother calling after being at the friend's tonight, that is probably what stuck in his brain and so he thought he was being thoughtful to text you and let you know he would not be coming, believing you had given him leave to do just that.

We blokes don't go to the same trouble that you do in getting ready and thus don't always realise what trouble you take.

We may not realise it, but we do appreciate it!

Make him suffer a bit but don't spoil your chances of a life outside caring unless you are really sure. Love ain't like a bus - the next one may not be following immediately after this one.

You deserve a life.

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Thanks She, as Gloria Gaynor says "I Will Survive" (probably whilst wearing my white beauty queen shoes and dancing round my handbag to it)

You know how it is. These things have to be done! Probably done it yourself a few times (please say you have)