Get involved in testing for our habit formation app for people living with dementia and their carers

struanstewart

Sep 14, 2023
Working in partnership with Alzheimer's Society we are searching for participants for our dementia product research here at Else London.

Our app, Instinctively, is designed to support carers and people living with dementia by providing guidance through daily tasks. Tasks can be uniquely created to fit the needs and environment of each person using the app. We will be testing our proof of concept app starting in November and are looking for people living with dementia and their carers who are keen to participate. We’re looking for people who:

📍 Are London or close-to-London based
🤳 Own an iPhone or iPad
👥 Live with the person who supports or cares for them
🌟 Are interested in supporting the development of a product that can improve the lives of people living with dementia and their carers

If you have any questions please message or email me at dementia@elselondon.com

Instinctively Recruitment Poster.png

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
The thinking is that if this is implemented into someone's daily life in the early stages of their dementia journey then it can become a habit that the person living with dementia
How does this habit differ from one picked up during several years eg your example of a washing machine which a person with MCI forgets how to use?

struanstewart

Sep 14, 2023
How does this habit differ from one picked up during several years eg your example of a washing machine which a person with MCI forgets how to use?
Hey, it doesn't differ, this is meant to help reinforce established routines as well as assist in establishing new routines. I'd be happy to set up a call to talk to you further about the concept and testing if you're interested to find out more?

struanstewart

Sep 14, 2023
@struanstewart - this is just a guess, but I don't think you'll make your fortune with this. You're fighting a losing battle, although you may have a high turnover of users.
Thanks never a dull day, our plan from the beginning has been to work with people affected by dementia to make this a product that they find useful and easy to implement in their daily lives. This isn't about making a fortune, it's about helping to support people who are currently struggling to manage.

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
I honour your intentions but there are so many places and people who want to use this kind of idea to support people with dementia and their carers.
It may offer some help to folk in the early stages but limited after that. People with dementia so often are unable to transfer information, written or graphic to what they do in the real world.
struanstewart said:
The thinking is that if this is implemented into someone's daily life in the early stages of their dementia journey then it can become a habit that the person living with dementia

Please don’t think I’m being obstructive. I volunteer in the nursing home for dementia where my husband died. I observe their use of technology. What they see on the screen simply does not transfer to their actual lives.

Last edited by a moderator: