FTD in Cornwall

cornish

Dec 12, 2011
Cornwall
Hello all, as my Dad of 53 is living with progressive FTD, myself and my family are srtuggling to find a Dementia group in Cornwall who focus on younger people with FTD/Dementia. The problem is with some of the groups down here the group holds there meeting in the evening, Im not sure if every FTD sufferer has Sundowners but my Dad has it and he has to be in bed by 4pm each day, it does seem quite commen so an evening program is not possible.
This is a long shot but are there any other FTD/Dementia careers for younger people in Cornwall as I want to push for a meet every few weeks for sufferers and careers. We have tried othere dementia/alzhemiers groups in Cornwall and everyone has been so kind and plesant, the problem we are finding is my Dad being younger would struggle to mingle with older people. My Mum took Dad to one the other day, there was 3 elderely ladies sowing and my Dad who was board. I am willing to commit alot of time to making something happen, I hope I havent offended anyone by saying about the age gap problem, its just a really difficult situation at the minute and we are desprate to find things to keep him busy as we know FTD is mainly behaviour so the more activitives we can organise for ourselfs and others the better. I really appricate everything the doctors and occopational health have already done for us, there a vital part of are life now :) If you are a sufferer or career in Cornwall and would like to arrange something please do not hesitate to message me. Ryan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaynemills