Forward Ho!

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Indeed lucky dau, I think I want to be adopted by you LadyA. Glad the car got sorted, iit too much to hope that your sil will learn anything from this?
I have been trying to book respite so I can get away for a night or two in October. The only place you can prebook is the Age Concern one. Left a message on Friday and one this morning but no one has got back to me. Doesn't bode well:(
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Indeed lucky dau, I think I want to be adopted by you LadyA. Glad the car got sorted, iit too much to hope that your sil will learn anything from this?
I have been trying to book respite so I can get away for a night or two in October. The only place you can prebook is the Age Concern one. Left a message on Friday and one this morning but no one has got back to me. Doesn't bode well:(
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Keep ringing them - write to them too! Is there any way you can turn up on their doorstep to book?

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
We found that too at the time, Es. A lot of homes won't prebook in case the bed Is needed for a long term resident. They don't seem to keep dedicated respite beds these days, at least in this part of the world.xx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Talked to the nursing director today about William's aggression. She didn't seem to think there was anything to worry about - she said nothing had been reported, so the incidents must not have been considered serious by the staff. :-o No one was hurt, basically, and they were fleeting incidents. But they are going to check his urine and also try him with some paracetamol in case he is having pain that he can't communicate.

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Poor William, it must be so dreadful not to be able to communicate. Glad the nursing staff seem to be taking it in their stride and are loooking at things that might help.
I will get on to the ch tomorrow. It's been a really busy day today. Physio and OT came. Nick told them he doesn't like the patient turner. I think it's great, much easier to get him transferred from chair to wheeelchair to bath lift, however he is very stubborn about new things. They have left it anyway in case we need it.
I'm trying to get everything organised to get the bathroom adapted. Nick took a phone call while I was out, they asked for me but he can't remember what they said. Hopefully it may have been the ch. Apparently ss used to block book beds Verity, then I suppose these could be reserved for respite but they don't do that anymore, to save money I suppose. I just need to book these two nights in October so I can get to Cardiff with my dau who has booked tickets for Bob Dylan. After that I will resign myself to staying at home if I have to, nothing new anyway.
Hope you all have a peaceful night.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Bathroom = painted! all done and dusted, so that's another room done. Except the flooring, and I'm not sure what to do about that yet. It needs changing, (dau dropped dye on it a few years ago, and it sort of soaked into the pale grey vinyl!) but not sure what to put there. Don't fancy getting it tiled, so maybe vinyl again.

I've been another thread about it - but will post here too! I'm so thrilled with how it came out. It's a sort of darkish green, shades of olive, a very vintage-y colour. Called "Antique Clover" Goes really well with the old cream shade on the tiles. And today I found a lovely canvas print to go in there, which I shall show you now in a mo. Can't put usual bathroom type accessories in there now - they wouldn't "go" at all, because the colour scheme is not at all bathroom-y!

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Here's the pic
You can kind of see the colour in the background. But the light from the window makes it look much lighter and greyer than it is. So pleased with the pic - I walked the town in the pouring rain looking for something - searched vintage shops, antique shops - and finally found it in a DIY/home store!

Attachments

• 1437760331589.jpg
    1437760331589.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 634
Last edited:

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
:-( Just woke up from a horrible dream. Not sure what it was about now, but in it I knew William was still at home and prone to wandering at night. And what woke me was that in the dream, I heard him crashing about, like he was going out. I was so sure that I had forgotten to lock the doors and now he was after getting out in the dark and wet, and was going to fall, that I was already checking everything before I realised it was a dream - William hasn't been here for over ten months and anyway he can no longer get out of bed by himself. Hate dreams like that. :-(

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
:-( Just woke up from a horrible dream. Not sure what it was about now, but in it I knew William was still at home and prone to wandering at night. And what woke me was that in the dream, I heard him crashing about, like he was going out. I was so sure that I had forgotten to lock the doors and now he was after getting out in the dark and wet, and was going to fall, that I was already checking everything before I realised it was a dream - William hasn't been here for over ten months and anyway he can no longer get out of bed by himself. Hate dreams like that. :-(

Oh Ladya , sorry for the bad dreams , they can be so frightening . I am awake too, haven't got a clue why . Maybe a hot drink will help going back to sleep xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside

How horrid. Hope you managed to get back to sleep.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
The two hours of cognitive function and memory tests tomorrow! :-( At least I remembered to do the saliva samples at the correct times today ( though I did have to set alarms to remind me!) They had to be done at precise times so they could compare stress levels in different people, because the level of stress hormone falls from morning to evening apparently, so they could assess normal levels at a given time.

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Good luck with the tests today LadyA. Hope you've managed to shake off the bad feelings caused by the dream. I had a horible dream about my mum once quite a long time after she died. She was very frail and dependent on me in her final illness but I dreamed I had forgotten about her and not phoned or visited for a few days. It was such an awful feeling in my dream when I remembered I hadn't done this. Sounds like it was a bit like your dream where it takes you a while to realise it's not true.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
My sister is on long term medication to control some sort of imbalance which caused horrific nightmares. One memorable one she had, she dreamed that her husband and children had been killed in a car accident six months previously, and she was trying to get on with her life. She actually got up, dressed and was halfway to work, in bits with heartbreak, before she realised it was just a dream! Her husband was already gone to work - but because the dream was so real, she had gone out without getting her kids up for school! She had to go back home! That was when she went to the doctor about the problem, and had it investigated, realising it was more than normal "bad dreams "!

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Tests over! Why was I worrying? Did brilliantly! :) just shows - it's not my memory or cognitive function that's the problem! I'm simply not paying attention. :-D