Sadness

Briege

Apr 10, 2024
The sadness pouring out of my husband today is heartbreaking. We went for a drive on Sat and he has been exhausted ever since. He's sleeping a lot lately and I never know what to expect when he gets up, will he be settled enough, more confused, wanting to go home etc. Last night he was really annoyed that we had moved house and lived here now, I hadn't even told him, I'd sold the house behind his back and so on. Didn't believe we'd been here 10 years. He slept well enough last night and is usually placid enough after a good sleep but today the sadness is just bouncing off him and it's breaking my heart. It's almost as if he knows what's happening and that he can't do anything about it. He's away back to bed now and looked totally exhausted. I dread him getting up again. I sit in dread every morning waiting for him to get up so I know what kind of a day it'll be. I seem to be living on painkillers and stomach tablets at the minute. Some days I can manage ok and other days I wonder how long I can keep going. Rant over for now. I know there's nothing anybody can do and I just have to be thankful he's not violent and aggressive.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Rant away all you like, always someone here to listen (well read anyway).
The first 10 years are the worse l found, issue for me is now both me mum then wife passed away I like a spare part at a wedding.
I was ill for quite a while myself, but even thought I'll be 70 next year I need something to do so I work part time now, been in work tomorrow were it not for a medical appointment, not until 3pm so I might do a few hours in morning.
Being a carer may have been hard, after it can be lonely, no win scenario for me. K