Feeling lost today

Lindyloo62

Jan 12, 2014
Yorkshire
It is a lovely day, and I'm not working. I would have taken mum out for the day, into town for a wander about and out to lunch somewhere. Instead I have been to the undertakers with my son to pick mums ashes up, couldn't face going on my own. Sat here feeling so sad and wishing she was still here with us.

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
It is a lovely day, and I'm not working. I would have taken mum out for the day, into town for a wander about and out to lunch somewhere. Instead I have been to the undertakers with my son to pick mums ashes up, couldn't face going on my own. Sat here feeling so sad and wishing she was still here with us.

Aw Lindyloo how sad, I am so sorry, please accept my sympathy and strength to get through the next few weeks,

Jeany x

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
Feeling lost is the new normal for a while, I lost my husband 20 months ago and my Mum two months later. I still feel lost some days as if there is no real purpose to life. Building a new life takes time. When I feel down I sit out in the sun for a while, that seems to help, or go for a walk or just sit down and think about the happier times with each of them.

You will find the sadness will ease over time, but just reappear when you get down days. Our love for them never dies, in the end hopefully some kind of acceptance comes.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
That's very poignant Sue. x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

dizzywizzy

Mar 23, 2012
I'm afraid I know the feeling, 4 months on since I lost my Dad and I am having a bad day today. Its sad picking up her ashes but I guess having done it, it is hopefully another step forward. Thinking of you x