Feeling drained

Postmill

Apr 5, 2024
Don’t know how to deal with my OH with FTD, he has always dealt with his bank accounts and used to spend ages with his statements ticking off and checking his balances ,now he doesn’t recognise them. He says anyone could have sent them and although I talk him through each transaction he just doesn’t understand what they are all about. He now wants to go to the bank and speak to the manager as he thinks there is something going on, this is draining me as every day he is going on about it even though I try and explain over and over. He says I owe him his wages even though he has retired and I tell him he gets his pension but that doesn’t satisfy him. He moves everything around in his bedroom then can’t find anything and says someone has moved it or stolen it. He doesn’t show this behaviour in front of the family, only I see it. Any advice would be welcome

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Don’t know how to deal with my OH with FTD, he has always dealt with his bank accounts and used to spend ages with his statements ticking off and checking his balances ,now he doesn’t recognise them. He says anyone could have sent them and although I talk him through each transaction he just doesn’t understand what they are all about. He now wants to go to the bank and speak to the manager as he thinks there is something going on, this is draining me as every day he is going on about it even though I try and explain over and over. He says I owe him his wages even though he has retired and I tell him he gets his pension but that doesn’t satisfy him. He moves everything around in his bedroom then can’t find anything and says someone has moved it or stolen it. He doesn’t show this behaviour in front of the family, only I see it. Any advice would be welcome
I remember going through this with dad and it eventually passed once I had POA. I used to pay rent to him but the mere sight of money used to confuse. I think you may have to stop him seeing the statements and inform the banks. He also put things in odd places and said that I was moving things around. The only thing you can do is to put labels on cupboards but also move medication out of his way.

MaNaAk