Feb/March 2024 book group: free copy of Pru and Me to review

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
Review a free copy of Timothy West’s book about his life with Prunella Scales

Dementia together magazine’s book group will be reading Pru and Me, by Timothy West, which the Mail on Sunday called a 'deeply moving, poignant and enthralling memoir'. They have copies for three of you to review!
  • Are you interested in receiving this book in the post and telling them what you think of it?
  • Are you in the UK, Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man or Channel Islands?
They’ll post the book out to you and ask for your feedback about it by 4 January. You can comment on any aspects you like, but they’ll also provide prompts in case these are helpful. They’ll then draw on your comments in the February/March magazine’s ‘book group’ article.

Email magazine@alzheimers.org.uk or post below to express your interest and to find out more.

Pru and Me, by Timothy West (Michael Joseph 2023), 352 pages, £22.00 (prices vary), ISBN 9780241629550. Also available as an ebook and audio book.

Pru-and-Me_opt.jpg

Nankle

Oct 22, 2023
Review a free copy of Timothy West’s book about his life with Prunella Scales

Dementia together magazine’s book group will be reading Pru and Me, by Timothy West, which the Mail on Sunday called a 'deeply moving, poignant and enthralling memoir'. They have copies for three of you to review!

Are you interested in receiving this book in the post and telling them what you think of it?
Are you in the UK, Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man or Channel Islands?
They’ll post the book out to you and ask for your feedback about it by 4 January. You can comment on any aspects you like, but they’ll also provide prompts in case these are helpful. They’ll then draw on your comments in the February/March magazine’s ‘book group’ article.

Email magazine@alzheimers.org.uk or post below to express your interest and to find out more.

Pru and Me, by Timothy West (Michael Joseph 2023), 352 pages, £22.00 (prices vary), ISBN 9780241629550. Also available as an ebook and auI would be very interested in reviewing this.dio book.

katemason

Oct 23, 2023
Accrington, Lancashire
Yes, I would love to read and review this book. Additionally, my 16 year old daughter who is studying English language and English Literature will read and review as it is not the sort of book on the reading last but her tutor thinks it would be a valuable / enlightening read and good experience to write a review.

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
Thanks so much @Nankle, @sdmhred and @katemason - great to hear you're all interested in reviewing this :)

Also @katemason, that sounds like a brilliant idea for your daughter to read and review it too.

Everyone who's interested: please email magazine@alzheimers.org.uk and the team will be able to let you know if copies are still available. If you do read it, I look forward to hearing what you think!

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Did anyone hear back? I had an auto response from the magazine team…but I haven’t heard anything else…

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
Thanks @sdmhred - the magazine team will be contacting people as soon as they can :)

Unfortunately as they only have a limited number of copies, they won't be able to get back to everyone who's commented, but I hope those of you who do receive a copy enjoy reading it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Radhika99