April/May 2024 book group: free copy to review of Dementia: Everything Your Doctor Doesn't Have Time to Tell You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farzi

Mar 30, 2021
I would like a paper copy to review. It has been concerning that my husband with dementia hasn’t been seen to assess his dementia. He is on memory tablets. I would have thought he should be monitored at least once a year if not monthly.

BHoney

Jul 22, 2020
I would also like to review this book. My mother was diagnosed with the condition a few years ago. I need to keep abreast and build up with as much knowledge as possible. Thank you

BunnyB22!

Oct 23, 2023
I'd be happy to read & review the book, I have been diagnosed with early onset dementia, mid 50s. I go to singing for the brain every fortnight where I'm mistaken for a carer🤣

Irish Terrier

Oct 29, 2020
I would so love to possibly be a part of the Dementia review people on this book. I am a PLWD since 2016 and would love to review a copy on paper if it is possible, please. Living in Northern Ireland, we do not get to many opportunities to participate in projects such as this.
Many Thanks,

Tillybuc01

Mar 14, 2018
Greater Manchester
Review a free copy of Dementia: Everything Your Doctor Doesn't Have Time to Tell You by Matt Piccaver

Dementia together magazine’s book group will be reading Dementia: Everything Your Doctor Doesn’t Have Time to Tell You, by Matt Piccaver. Written by a busy GP, this aims to fills the gaps so often left when someone gets a diagnosis.

Are you interested in reading this book and telling them what you think of it?

Are you in the UK, Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man or Channel Islands?

They have PDFs of the book for up to four people to review, or they might be able to send you a paperback if you prefer. They’ll ask for your feedback about it by 4 March. You can comment on any aspects you like, but they’ll also provide prompts in case these are helpful. They’ll then draw on your comments in the April/May magazine’s 'book group' article.

Email magazine@alzheimers.org.uk or post below to express your interest and to find out more.

Thanks everyone :)

View attachment 69940
I would be interested in reading this and giving a review
Review a free copy of Dementia: Everything Your Doctor Doesn't Have Time to Tell You by Matt Piccaver

Dementia together magazine’s book group will be reading Dementia: Everything Your Doctor Doesn’t Have Time to Tell You, by Matt Piccaver. Written by a busy GP, this aims to fills the gaps so often left when someone gets a diagnosis.

Are you interested in reading this book and telling them what you think of it?

Are you in the UK, Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man or Channel Islands?

They have PDFs of the book for up to four people to review, or they might be able to send you a paperback if you prefer. They’ll ask for your feedback about it by 4 March. You can comment on any aspects you like, but they’ll also provide prompts in case these are helpful. They’ll then draw on your comments in the April/May magazine’s 'book group' article.

Email magazine@alzheimers.org.uk or post below to express your interest and to find out more.

Thanks everyone :)

View attachment 69940
I would be really interested in reading this and giving feedback. My husband has Mixed Dementia- Vascular and Alzheimer’s. He was diagnosed 2 years ago but was showing signs before then however we were unable to get an earlier diagnosis due to Covid. I feel that I have some experience of caring for someone with this awful disease. He also has an ileostomy and had a heart attack last July .
Thank you

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
Wow, what a response! Thank you so much everyone - it sounds like this book is an important one that many of you want to read.

Unfortunately this offer is now closed, and the magazine team has emailed everyone who will be receiving a copy. Please keep an eye out for the book giveaway in Feb/March's magazine (five people will win this book in paperback).

In the meantime, the magazine team look forward to welcoming any comments about this book before 4 March for the next 'book group' article.

Thanks again everyone for offering to review this one :)

Neveradullday!

Oct 12, 2022
England
As @HarrietD has said, the offer is now closed. But can I make a suggestion? For a week or two read a lot of the posts on this forum - it's amazing how much you can learn and how many tips you can pick up about this thing our loved ones are challenged with. There are many knowledgeable members here that I've learned from. 🙂

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
@Wordbird and @HenryRoot, thanks so much for your interest but unfortunately this offer is now closed - sorry about that! However, there will be a book giveaway in Feb/March's magazine as well as reviews of this book, so please keep an eye out for those.

@Neveradullday!, it's great to hear that you've learned so much from other members on here :)

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
Hi @LizzieAM, really sorry but unfortunately the offer of free copies has now closed! However, if you or anyone else is able to buy a copy instead, you can do so from one of these retailers here :)

DogsofFo

Apr 6, 2022
facing the inevitable diagnosis for my husband, reading and reviewing this book from a partner's perspective would be valuable

TamsinT

Staff Member
Staff member
Sep 26, 2022
Thank you everyone for your responses.

Unfortunately this offer is now closed, and the magazine team has emailed everyone who will be receiving a copy. Please keep an eye out for the book giveaway in Feb/March's magazine (five people will win this book in paperback).

In the meantime, the magazine team look forward to welcoming any comments about this book before 4 March for the next 'book group' article.

I'll now close this thread. Thank you all for your responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.