Family Carers experiences of hospital admission research

Haddent

Jun 20, 2024
Hello all,

My name is Thomas Hadden and I’m a Trainee Clinical Psychologist at Coventry University. I am currently undertaking my doctoral thesis, exploring family carers experiences of their relative with dementia’s admission to an acute hospital.
Our aims of this project are to understand the experiences of family carers, with hopes to use this improve health services for both the family carer and their loved one.

The research is being organised and funded by Coventry University and has been granted ethical approval by Coventry University’s Research Ethics Committee [Ethics reference number: P173230].

Those who wish to take part will be asked to participate in a one-off interview through MS Teams or zoom, which will last approximately 60 minutes. All findings from the study will be kept strictly confidential. Additionally, the results will be disseminated in a research paper available to all participants on completion.

Kind regards,
Thomas Hadden

Attachments

• Research Advert (V3).jpg
    Research Advert (V3).jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 67

Alisongs

May 17, 2024
Dear Thomas
Feel free to search my threads on this forum
Frustrated Wife (now closed)
And
Alisong's Diary (ongoing)
And contact me via the Forum. I will email you separately.

Haddent

Jun 20, 2024
Dear Thomas
Feel free to search my threads on this forum
Frustrated Wife (now closed)
And
Alisong's Diary (ongoing)
And contact me via the Forum. I will email you separately.
Thank you Ali,

I have a read of some of your posts, and I would be interested in hearing more about your experiences. It sounds like they would be useful for this research, and our future aims. If you would be interested in taking part in an interview, you can email me at haddent@coventry.ac.uk.

Kind regards,
Thomas

Haddent

Jun 20, 2024
Hello Thomas,
Just thought I would let you know about an excellent piece of work completed a few years ago, which your hospital should be signed up to. The Dementia Friendly Hospital Charter and its accompanying Poster (designed for patients and family carers).
Hope this helps in your research,
Paco
Thank you Paco,

That's really helpful, and I really appreciate your support with this,

Kind regards,
Thomas Hadden

Alisongs

May 17, 2024
Thank you Ali,

I have a read of some of your posts, and I would be interested in hearing more about your experiences. It sounds like they would be useful for this research, and our future aims. If you would be interested in taking part in an interview, you can email me at haddent@coventry.ac.uk.

Kind regards,
Thomas
Email sent. Sorry I thought I'd already done so, but apparently not!