Research study - Exploring Relationship Challenges in the Context of Behavioural-Variant Frontotemporal Dementia

Status
Not open for further replies.

RheaAsfaw

Jun 16, 2023
Birmingham
Hello!

My name is Rhea Asfaw and I am a Trainee Clinical Psychologist at the University of Birmingham. I am working on a research study called 'Exploring Relationship Challenges in the Context of Behavioural-Variant Frontotemporal Dementia'. I would like to interview adults who are the spouse or partner of someone living with this type of dementia.

You would be asked some questions either in-person (dependent on location) or via a video-conferencing platform. The interview would take approximately one hour, at a time and day convenient to you.

The interview will focus on exploring your experiences of personality and/or behaviour changes within your partner, how this has affected your relationship as a couple and how these changes may have impacted your experience of your partner. Taking part is completely voluntary.

If you would like more information, or if you might like to take part, please contact me using the contact information from the advert below. You may also wish to scan the QR code within the advert which takes you to a more detailed information sheet about the research.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. I look forward to hearing from you.

With best wishes,

Rhea

(This research has received ethical approval from the University of Birmingham and from an NHS Research Ethics Committee (REC number: 23.YH.0073). The research is sponsored by the University of Birmingham).

Attachments

• Advertising Poster_Online Recruitment with contact details.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 191
  • RG_22-132_Participant Information Sheet_Version 2.0_PDF copy2.pdf
    226.2 KB · Views: 201

Infinite

Aug 22, 2021
I am the wife of Mr C Cox diagnosis 4 + yrs ago I would be interested in this opportunity to say how this has affected our lives Thank you Jenny

Infinite

Aug 22, 2021
I am the wife of a FT Lobe person & would be interested in participating in this Jenny Cox

RheaAsfaw

Jun 16, 2023
Birmingham
I am the wife of Mr C Cox diagnosis 4 + yrs ago I would be interested in this opportunity to say how this has affected our lives Thank you Jenny
Hello Jenny.

Thank you so much for expressing your interest in our research. Could you please send me an email to REA619@student.bham.ac.uk or give me a call on 07342394466 and leave a message with your contact details and I will get in touch to discuss in more detail :)

Thank you,

Rhea

RheaAsfaw

Jun 16, 2023
Birmingham
I am the wife of a FT Lobe person & would be interested in participating in this Jenny Cox
Hello Jenny.

Thank you so much for expressing your interest in our research. Could you please send me an email to REA619@student.bham.ac.uk or give me a call on 07342394466 and leave a message with your contact details and I will get in touch to discuss in more detail :)

Thank you,

Rhea

RheaAsfaw

Jun 16, 2023
Birmingham
Hello Jenny.

Thank you,

Rhea

RheaAsfaw

Jun 16, 2023
Birmingham
Hello! We are still recruiting to our study so please do reach out if you are interested in taking part :)

With best wishes,

Rhea

Springfield

Dec 18, 2021
I care for my Husband who has Frontotemporal Dementia and was diagnosed almost two years ago. His memory is not too bad yet but his personality changes are very marked and this is one of the aspects I struggle with. I would be happy to help with the project.

RheaAsfaw

Jun 16, 2023
Birmingham
I care for my Husband who has Frontotemporal Dementia and was diagnosed almost two years ago. His memory is not too bad yet but his personality changes are very marked and this is one of the aspects I struggle with. I would be happy to help with the project.
Hello Springfield,

Thank you,

Rhea

RheaAsfaw

Jun 16, 2023
Birmingham
I care for my Husband who has Frontotemporal Dementia and was diagnosed almost two years ago. His memory is not too bad yet but his personality changes are very marked and this is one of the aspects I struggle with. I would be happy to help with the

Hello Springfield,

Thank you,

Rhea

@Springfield Hi Springfield. If you are still interested in participating in our study, please do email me at rea619@student.bham.ac.uk or call and leave me a message with your name and number at 07342394466. Take care! Rhea

RheaAsfaw

Jun 16, 2023
Birmingham
Hello! We are still recruiting to our study so do reach out if you are interested in taking part. Please take a look at the advertising poster and information sheet attached to the original post.

You can send me an email to REA619@student.bham.ac.uk or give me a call/text on 07342394466 and leave a message with your name and contact details and I will get in touch to discuss in more detail :)

Thank you,

Rhea

RheaAsfaw

Jun 16, 2023
Birmingham
Hello! We are still recruiting to our study for the next month so please do reach out if you are interested in taking part. Please take a look at the advertising poster and information sheet attached to the original post.

You can send me an email to REA619@student.bham.ac.uk or give me a call/text on 07342394466 and leave a message with your name and contact details and I will get in touch to discuss in more detail :)

Thank you,

Rhea

RheaAsfaw

Jun 16, 2023
Birmingham
Hello! We have now completed data collection and are no longer recruiting participants for our study. Thank you so much to those of you who reached out expressing your interest in participation.

With best wishes,

Rhea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ju2009JJJ