Electric shock like headaches

flyfishertc

Jun 16, 2023
My loved one has early onset Alzheimer's Dementia. Last night she developed intense headache at the back of her head, almost like electric shocks every 20 seconds. After an hour they subsided and she went to sleep. She is still asleep this morning.

I felt useless as I was unable to really help. I did consider taking her to the hospital, but didn't in the end as she did not want to go.

Has anyone experienced this kind of thing? It's not the normal kind of bad headache. Each wave made her arch her back, bit like an electric shock.

yoy

Jun 19, 2022
I haven't experienced anything like this and I'm not a medic but reading your post the headache part made me wonder about strokes and the back arching made me wonder about seizures. I think I would be inclined to speak to the GP about it.

flyfishertc

Jun 16, 2023
I haven't experienced anything like this and I'm not a medic but reading your post the headache part made me wonder about strokes and the back arching made me wonder about seizures. I think I would be inclined to speak to the GP about it.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
The trouble is, that headaches can be caused by so many things that they can be hard to pin down, so all you can do is eliminate the nasties like stroke or seizure

I get a sort of brain fizz like a bolt of electricity through my head and Im told its due to stress/anxiety. Dehydration can cause headaches at the back of the head and so can an unusual type of migraine

flyfishertc

Jun 16, 2023
The trouble is, that headaches can be caused by so many things that they can be hard to pin down, so all you can do is eliminate the nasties like stroke or seizure

I get a sort of brain fizz like a bolt of electricity through my head and Im told its due to stress/anxiety. Dehydration can cause headaches at the back of the head and so can an unusual type of migraine
Many thanks. I'm taking her to the gp today