DWP compliance interview

Cap'n Grimm

Feb 6, 2019
Got a letter this morning about a compliance interview to discuss my benefit claim. I only claim carers allowance and I work a few hours each week and I’m well below the limit for earning. Is this normal? I never claimed benefits until I became a carer for mum, who obviously is still alive, so I’m not falsely claiming anything.

Feel a bit anxious about this. There isn’t a limit on savings is there? I know I have too much in savings to claim universal credit and so I never bothered to apply. But I’m not aware of any limit for carers allowanc.

Just looking for a little reassurance everything’s fine. I’m literally here 24/7 looking after my mum. I’m not some benefit scrounger, although I suddenly feel like one.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Unearned income and private pensions do not affect carer allowance.
You are allowed to earn £139/wk, in marginal cases you can pay (extra?) into a pension scheme to reduce the excess amount.

You say you are 'literally here 24/7 looking after my mum' so you won't fall into the trap that the 35 hours cannot be averaged it has to be per Mon to Sun week.

You could just have been randomly selected for the compliance check.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Ive never been asked for a compliance check, but as nitram says, it could just be a random check.

I dont honestly see that you have got anything to fear.

Cap'n Grimm

Feb 6, 2019
Well let’s hope that it is just a random spot check. I got all my payslips. There haven’t been any changes. No stays in hospital for mum. No holidays for me. I no I should be fine but Im the type of person who immediately feels guilty when I see a policeman 😂😂

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Well let’s hope that it is just a random spot check. I got all my payslips. There haven’t been any changes. No stays in hospital for mum. No holidays for me. I no I should be fine but Im the type of person who immediately feels guilty when I see a policeman 😂😂
Me too!

Of course, they may decide you're not getting enough money....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roslynne