Don't know what to say really....

Tracey123s

Mar 3, 2014
....New to this and trying to deal with things.

Nothing new to all of you I'm sure. My dad has recently been diagnosed with Vascular Dementia, after a battle with the NHS which is still on going.

Just feeling at a loss on things. Trying to be strong for my dad and mom (who has been disabled for over 20 years), but struggling with how I should deal with things.

Going through so many emotions, don't know how to deal with them all. Want to do the best by my dad who has the diagnosis, want to support my mom, struggling not getting angry with a doctor and NHS system that seems to have let us down, etc, etc.

I'm figuring it sounds familiar to you all. It's nice knowing there is this in place though.

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
You will get a lot of support here and hopefully some comfort too. Big hug

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Talking Point mobile app

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Hi Tracy - as said you will get support here and you can ask for specific information or just rant about things or express how you feel - there will be someone who knows the same or similar scenario.

The best you can do for your Dad? Looks like you are doing it because you are actively looking at what you can do and, although the struggle may be there to get things to happen, the loving intent to do it counts for a lot.

If you have specific issues it may well help to start a new thread in the appropriate forum but whatever you do, please keep talking to us. And if you are feeling down or need some distraction, do visit the Tea Room Forum as there are all sorts of threads on there, including a very good joke thread - and lets face it, we all need a laugh at times to get us through the day.

Take care

Celia