Dont even know what to call this thread - post ashes?

Donkeyshere

May 25, 2016
outside UK
Hi all so last night we put my MIL"s ashes on the beach as per her wishes, it was rather wet and windy and today is the opposite. There was no funeral at her request so this was our closure so to speak We went for a meal before me hubby, grandson and granddaughter and two great grandchildren. We took some flowers too, hubby did the ashes and put some flowers but left as soon as that was done which I totally understand, we left after 20 mins after a silent prayer as it was cold and wet. Up until this point I've been ok, making sure everyone else was OK but today it's just hit me a little like this reality. Feeling a little out of sorts. Might work from home tomorrow. Grief is a strange entity rhats for sure.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I read your post @Donkeyshere and then read your tag line. It made me smile because it's there for you and is perfect.

We cannot direct the wind, we can only adjust the sails

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Wow, that all sounds lovely @Donkeyshere. I think the finality does hit you afterwards though. It did with me so please, it's nothing unusual. Take everything in your own time, As you say, grief sometimes hits you when you least expect it, Take care.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alix0463