Charity 'junk' mail

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Within the scheme of things with mum this is such a little niggle, but just don't know how to sort it out.

When mum moved up near me, I put on a mail forwarding. A significant amount of the mail was from charities I guess she may have donated to (I know she used to complain that she'd make a one of donation and then get bombarded). I have done my best to write on these return to sender and chuck in a post box and the flood is now a trickle.

BUT I am now getting them addressed to her at my address. I do have various bits of mail now coming to me direct as POA, but she has never actually lived here. I am chucking these in the post box return to sender, never lived here - hope this works - just so irritating that somehow they have got this address. I give via just giving to fund raising for friends/ colleagues and always tick no correspondence so haven't previously got any but now getting stuff addressed to me as well. Just don't want it! That will be going in the post box as well.

Like I said, a really small niggle but just irks me:(

Oxy

Jul 19, 2014
Know how you feel. One donation at a funeral unleashes regular magazines from one. Waste of their money as for that one charity im thinking of I will never be interested enough in their developments to read beyond what's in the news despite having great admiration for them.
Same goes for change me. You do one thing and get constant emails from lots of people and I'm not a career petition writer. And don't get me started on stores like John Lewis /waitrose once you get the card for a freebie coffee!!

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Know how you feel. One donation at a funeral unleashes regular magazines from one. Waste of their money as for that one charity im thinking of I will never be interested enough in their developments to read beyond what's in the news despite having great admiration for them.
Same goes for change me. You do one thing and get constant emails from lots of people and I'm not a career petition writer. And don't get me started on stores like John Lewis /waitrose once you get the card for a freebie coffee!!

I agree. It especially bothers me when charities send freebies like pens and cards, even though we don't give to them. They've started on me as an individual now....I must have crossed some sort of threshold!! :eek:

The 'Change' petitions annoy me too.....I had no idea when I signed the first one, that I'd go on some sort of database.

As you say, it's not that I don't give to charity, it's that I don't want to be bothered by all this rather demanding mail. And....while I'm at it!.....Mum's place gets cluttered enough as it is, without all this fake post!!!

I must resolve to be as organised as you, jugglingmum, and either 'unsuscribe', or simply send stuff back........

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Lol at me being organised, just know sending them back is meant to work.

I think mum gets them because she has donated in the past - she donated to different ones each year.

I know I've ticked box so not on open register so must be getting my name from elsewhere.

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
I remember reading this on one site about unsolicited junk mail a dressed to you.
write on the envelope it came in * unsolicited junk mail* and put it back in the post without a new stamp.
Royal mail sends it back to the company and charge them postage.

I also read on the same site. To get added satisfaction do the same as above but stuff the envelope with lots of your junk mail including all those menus leaflets etc.

Last edited: