Caring for mum

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Good to hear you have it under control , who knew re Tic Taks , live and learn on here :) Mum went through a phase of having something serious wrong , her hip , eyes, legs , you name it it was faulty ! I just said yes I will make an appointment and conveniently forgot . Hope it passes soon🤞

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
I am just brushing it off. Personally feeling quite strong at the moment so “it’s water off a ducks back” to me and I tell her sternly “no” which she responds to. If I’m not in a good place then oh my!
Tic tacs are my secret weapon
Good attitude 👍 Lovely to read you're feeling like that at moment :)🤗

Louise83

Feb 5, 2019
Wow.. completely wrong way to put it but I am so relieved right now to see so many issues I’m faced with being talked about here. New to the forum and I’ve already learned so much from others on here. I’m not alone!! My mum has also began to accuse me of lying about many things, hope all is going ok.
This forum has been a great support, and you will find someone has been through something similar. It's really helped me.
Kind of funny re-reading my post now, it feels like a long time ago. Things did get worse sadly, and 4 weeks ago my mum moved into a care home. I have been very lucky (if you can call it that), she has settled into the home great and already we have seen an improvement.

My heart goes out to all on here who are caring for loved ones - it's an amazing, but incredibly difficult thing to do. Despite the stress, sleepless nights and worry it caused, I now feel very sad that I could no longer look after my mum at home.

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
Flu jab time . Rang the doctors “do you have any proof you are a carer ?” (Slight mental scream this end) Told them to look on my mums records and then she realised I could have it now!
Tried to book mum in (she doesn't want it) but I can’t go in with her. No way is that happening soon explained that it could be very difficult for their nurse if mum is on a bad day. Immediately offered the jab at home!! Whoppee win win for mum now all I have to do is persuade her to have it. May try the line of “Boris says so”!

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Good job on getting them to let you be there with your mum👍 Good luck with it, 'Boris says so' sounds good. Hope it works 🤞

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
@annielou not mentioning it to her yet; my jabs not for two weeks so I will tell her when the nurse contacts me!
I really get the feeling that they would prefer Alzheimer’s sufferers to be anywhere but in the surgery!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tsreck