Can I ... Should I?

Sam Luvit

I thought the drive wouId never end @2jays ... it just seemed to keep getting longer. That last bit is 45 minutes, but with my luck it was 1 1/2 hours :rolleyes: It goes like that sometimes

Sam Luvit

I can’t get my head round only having met you 4 times, it’s 3 times with @Margi29 & @rosy18, yet it feels like I’ve known you for years. You’ve all made me feel so welcome. I hope I can return the favour one day.

Sam Luvit

Hi @jugglingmum

Lol. Paperwork is a walk in the park after this week :rolleyes: Please don’t try to come up with “more exciting” than hide n seek. My poor nerves can’t take it :D

I live on the coast, but our fish is pretty small, I always ask for the biggest they have .... I had a medium with @rosy18 & struggled to finish it. Pooch was happy though :rolleyes:

Sam Luvit

It was a very packed road trip, @love.dad.but.. ... I’d prefer a more sedate trip next time. In fact, this convinced me that I’m right, I want time now, time to watch a sunset, time to smell the early morning grass, time to chill

It was great to see everyone, I’m so glad I went to see my uncle R, he was just beaming. My cousin phoned me & thanked me for taking the time, I don’t think many of their friends have bothered & that made me sad

Things don’t matter much really, people do

Sam Luvit

Yes @2jays i think we’d have sat there all night & the next few days. That was fine with me, but I had to pick up brother Saturday morning & I have a house to clear out ....

Pooch has sat across me & I have been combing him ... I’m still finding a few burrs :eek:, but that’s ok, coz he gets to snuggle & keep me with him :rolleyes:

Here is a quote from Shakespeare ... “.. thine face is like a book, where all may read what lies there ..”. I think it describes me very well :D:D:eek:

No, the thought of going to sleep was amazing, but the thought of being woken at 02.00 was not at all tempting :p

Sam Luvit

Yesterday I was back in the car, but only 30 miles, so it was a pleasant drive. Picked up brother & dropped him home, took him shopping, then he said he’d come back with me. He helped a little with the house & we chatted, had a nice simple meal & I dropped him home. He was going to get the train, but the next 3 were cancelled :eek:

Pooch & I snuggled in front of the TV & I went to bed early, with a promise from eldest to come over around 10.00 to help out :rolleyes:

I was awake before 08.00, showered & dressed, walked Pooch & started sorting things out. I sat down for a coffee break & found it was after 13.00 :mad: I phoned eldest & he’d just woken up. I agreed to pick him up as I needed to shop & it’s only slightly further to him

Not impressed with his attitude on getting back home & told him. He’d dropped the shopping in the kitchen & walked outside to play on his phone :eek:

He calmed & helped. We worked together for 4 hours, had a meal, cleared away some more stuff & I dropped him home at 20.30. He had said he wanted to be home about 18.30 ... but he didn’t get here till after 14.30, so I don’t feel guilty at all :p

I’ve cleared one side of my room, so just the other side to do ... then it’s the office :( I’m thinking of taking down all the shelves & putting the spare bed in there to make it look like a bedroom. Everything has to come down anyway, so I might as well do it now.

I think I’ll take Pooch for another walk, then go watch some rubbish TV, ready to start all over again in the morning

Sam Luvit

Ugg. I’ve spent all day in the office. The “desk” is down. The single bed is put together & in place, no mattress, but it’s going to look like a bed with all the bedding

I’ve moved a lot downstairs & found places for it. More paperwork to file :( Both parents completed self assessments, so I need to sort that so it can be stored

I thought I’d take a leisurely drive to pick up brother ... at the midway point, the car shuddered & went into “limp” mode. I found that by keeping the revs up, I could keep moving. Slowing down I lost all power. I don’t think my brother has ever been so quiet :D

Fortunately I’ve driven enough old, temperamental cars to know how to “nurse” them home. However, she’s going to have to go to the shop in the morning, I dread to think of the cost.

2jays

Oh dear!

Poor old thing. It probably exhausted from the trip mileage (did you see what I did there? :D )

Hopefully it’s just a good service that it needs and nothing major

Sam Luvit

I reved the whatsits off her & limped into the garage, they said they would call later ... at 16.30 I called them ... still not got to her. I walked back from town. Boy it’s a long walk

Got a text saying all fixed, so I walked into town. Took Pooch. Figured I’d be too tired for another long walk with him later. It’s 1.3 miles :eek:

A coil had failed, so they’ve replaced that & all the spark plugs, over £100 but I’m mobile again :D Pooch was more than happy to be driven home :rolleyes:

I’ve taken the desks down in the office & have been busy making it look like a bedroom. It’s nearly there. I guess I’ll be up early to try to finish off as I’ve another viewing in the afternoon. The airing cupboard has been emptied & sorted, so it’s all coming together. Still must tackle my room.

Pooch has just jumped up onto my lap, complete with his teddy. I gave him a bath this afternoon, so he’s smelling a bit sweeter. He has been very restless & crying today. As soon as he pins me down, he settles. Bless him :rolleyes:

2jays

Glad to hear you mobile again. Phew!!

I been thinking about pooch.
I know this is silly to some, but do you tell pooch what your plans are?

Poochs world has and is being turned upside down, literally. I bet he doesn’t know which way is up at the moment. I know you don’t either, but perhaps discussing with pooch may help him ??

Squishy hugs. xxx

Sam Luvit

TBH @2jays I was expecting the car to be much worse, so although just over £100, it was much cheaper than I thought it wouId be. ;)

I tell Pooch I’m just going upstairs / in the lounge etc. I tell him I won’t be long, just going shopping, to pick up brother etc, but I always tell him, not to worry, I’m coming back. :D He actually stayed on my bed while I showered & came downstairs this morning, that’s a first :) Maybe he’s tired as he’s up on his bed, instead of across my lap, pinning me down :eek:

I now have 6 hours till I need to leave the house to be viewed. That means taking some things & dumping them in the garage, rather than sorting into where they need to go. Dumping paperwork into a large box & hiding that, then I have to pull it all out again later to carry on. That’s the part I hate. I want to work through it, sorting as I go, not continually “hiding” the mess.

It is looking much better. The airing cupboard is almost empty, I’m planning on leaving out 2 sets of sheets & towels, then using the space for boxed up things to be moved. It’s just crazy how many sheets & towels Mum had :eek: The kids will benefit, as they are mostly new :D

Oh well, onwards & upwards ... or ... as my dad wouId say ..worse things happen at sea :D

love.dad.but..

TBH @2jays I was expecting the car to be much worse, so although just over £100, it was much cheaper than I thought it wouId be. ;)

I tell Pooch I’m just going upstairs / in the lounge etc. I tell him I won’t be long, just going shopping, to pick up brother etc, but I always tell him, not to worry, I’m coming back. :D He actually stayed on my bed while I showered & came downstairs this morning, that’s a first :) Maybe he’s tired as he’s up on his bed, instead of across my lap, pinning me down :eek:

I now have 6 hours till I need to leave the house to be viewed. That means taking some things & dumping them in the garage, rather than sorting into where they need to go. Dumping paperwork into a large box & hiding that, then I have to pull it all out again later to carry on. That’s the part I hate. I want to work through it, sorting as I go, not continually “hiding” the mess.

It is looking much better. The airing cupboard is almost empty, I’m planning on leaving out 2 sets of sheets & towels, then using the space for boxed up things to be moved. It’s just crazy how many sheets & towels Mum had :eek: The kids will benefit, as they are mostly new :D

Oh well, onwards & upwards ... or ... as my dad wouId say ..worse things happen at sea :D
Mum also had loads of towels and sheets...deep fluffy towels...the decent Egyptian cotton type sheets and nice plain duvet covers...not cheap cotton ones I buy so I replaced mine :D plus 2 or 3 sets of just about everything...the result of a holiday cottage sale and caravan! So 3 sisters...3 adult children..distribution...but still loads to give away. Needless to say I don't need to buy cutlery etc. .probably ever again!

Sam Luvit

I’ve just opened a drawer & found ... more towels & sheets @love.dad.but.. I’m sure they are breeding :D However, I’m working my way through them & now have piles for youngest, more in the charity bags & I'm clearing space

I have 2 hours left before I need to take Pooch out & leave the house looking “as good as I can”. I just want to sleep, I was up early hanging washing to try to get it done, but I’m running out of time & energy

I’m off out for a steak dinner tonight, I might indulge in a bottle of wine to celebrate getting through the day :D

love.dad.but..

I’ve just opened a drawer & found ... more towels & sheets @love.dad.but.. I’m sure they are breeding :D However, I’m working my way through them & now have piles for youngest, more in the charity bags & I'm clearing space

I have 2 hours left before I need to take Pooch out & leave the house looking “as good as I can”. I just want to sleep, I was up early hanging washing to try to get it done, but I’m running out of time & energy

I’m off out for a steak dinner tonight, I might indulge in a bottle of wine to celebrate getting through the day :D
Ooh ...definitely go for the wine indulgence you've earned it :)

canary

Well done on all your sorting out, Sam It took me an age to go through mums bungalow
Dumping paperwork into a large box & hiding that, then I have to pull it all out again later to carry on.
I will admit to hiding the ironing when people come to visit :oops::cool:

Steak and wine sounds wonderful
xx

2jays

decorating new sun room that “professional” builder built and repainting kitchen

Moved the fridge ready for plumber to sort radiator pipes

Or rather tried to
7EE55107-A11B-4D33-A99D-63052E72627D.jpeg