Can I ... Should I?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Oh, thank you @DollyBird16 , but I just waffle on about the everyday, it’s my pressure relief , before I found TP I wasn’t coping well, this lets me say it out loud & move on.

While I am fascinated that anyone would read my waffling, if it helps one person ( apart from me), then that’s grand :p

I can’t abide Vile either. I would always turn it off, or switch channels, but now I have to leave the room. I can’t get over mums fascination with it :eek:

I love DIY SOS, watching them correct the awful messes people have made & Big Build (can’t remeber the full title), but they transform a house for families that are struggling. Really heartwarming, but also ideas of what you could do. It’s a bit of torture as my house was a project I didn’t get to live in, but I still like seeing what I could maybe have done :rolleyes:

I can only say “thank ***for Sky Planner” as I get to catch up on missed things & of course crash out in front of when Mum finally toddles off to bed

I did put on my big girl pants & go upstairs, dog had put his teddy on her lap & was guarding the end of her bed. He looked at me as I went in her room in a very reproachful way. Mum woke as I covered her up & she apologised to me :eek: We had a cuddle & she’s now had a hot chocolate & is back in bed :)

Another day of dementia ;)

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
The scary thing is my oh actually likes Jeremy vile, now that scares the pants off me lol.

Maybe it’s just a morbid fascination with how dumb some people can be @Margi29 I hope so for your sake :rolleyes: I’m sure it’s just old age with forgetting stuff :D Don’t tell him I said that. I might want to park on your drive :cool:

I never want this vile disease to touch my family again, just Mum is more than enough. The knock on effects on my liver are bad enough. Cheers, lovely smooth glass of honey rum

Mum is only entertained by action film, by which I mean Alien, Predator, Steven Segal films, etc, anything vaguely human interest, chick flick, is boring, although she did enjoy Mrs Doubtfire :D So I’m watching lots of that right now

Titanic was too boring for her :oops:

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
I promise l won't tell him it's old age :D:D

Back to subject of programmes, because I'm ' a dog person ' I love ' for the love of dogs ' . It's on itv , just to see the dogs rehomed and in a lovely family is heartwarming. When people are cruel to animals it makes my blood boil !! Some of the methods used in gunpowder would be a good lesson for some of the evil people in this world which inflicts harm on defenceless animals.

I'm on nights over the weekend, hopefully a peaceful weekend :rolleyes:

At the moment I've two Doberman dogs squashing me on the bed, these two make me laugh, hate to be cold and very needy :p the little grandson is coming soon and that boy is ' the usain bolt ' of crawlers, eyes in backside are needed :eek:

Had to laugh at your mums choice of films, she's obviously an action woman, my mum loves a good scary film, I spent years hiding behind the cushion on couch while she sat enthralled :eek:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @Margi29

Mum loves that one too, Paul O Grady (??), I do watch it with her at times, but as she continually talks over it with oooh & aaarrr, I find it a bit trying. For some reason, even though I’m sitting right by her, she tends to tell me what just happened o_O I used to watch the RSPCA dog rescue one, but I find it hard seeing how cruel people can be.

Some countries have dog licences, you can’t own one without one. I wish it was the same here, as maybe it would stop them going out & getting another one to harm. I can’t understand anyone being cruel to animals :(

Lol. Our dog :(is just the same, snuggles on the bed, Mum loves it, but he boils me :confused: , he has taken to waking me at about 06.30 by snuggling up to me, then rolling over for a tummy tickle while sniffing my ear :eek:, not my ideal wake up call or preferred time :p

Enjoy the grandchildren, even if you do need eyes in the back of your head. It’s good exercise :D fingers crossed you get some quiet shifts over the weekend.

Turns out the MOT is today, not next week, so I’ll be fingers crossed in a few hours that she passes, or at least doesn’t need too much doing. I just can’t do without a car right now. I’ve a 09.00 appointment tomorrow, brother to pick up from fishing & a reunion lunch on Saturday, not the best of planning :( I was convinced it was next week, even cleared my calendar in case of the worst :rolleyes: I really am getting as bad as Mum :eek:

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Yes, Paul ogrady, i would annoy you too, with my ohhs and ahhs :p

I worry that I'm getting same i.e. Forgetting things :D I've had a diary for years now, so I can see what appointments etc... then grandchildren,work mums appointments, scary :eek:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
It’s not just oooh & arrr, it’s oooh, did you see what he just did, the dog did this & he did that & isn’t that lovely... I’m right there, I’m watching it too, I really don’t need the running commentary that then means I can’t hear what’s being said now. Oh I’m grumpy this morning :rolleyes:

I’ve never used a diary or a calendar, except for birthdays, but mostly only checked it to make sure I had the right date. I definitely have a calendar now for Mum, she is in & out of doctor, dentist etc that I’d never keep up. But I was convinced the MOT was due on the 11th, must have misread as it was 1st. I just had a feeling about it, so logged on & have had to sweet talk the garage to fit it in today. So that’s me sitting around doing nothing all day :(

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Phew. Passed. 2 litte advisories, but they said nothing to worry about. Really didn’t think I could face a £200 bill right now, so very

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Think how I feel, it’s parked 6 miles away, being worked on & I don’t even have a key to pop in & take a peek

I keep thinking of things I want to check, but can’t. I want to order throws but don’t know sizes, I want to maybe get toppers to make beds more comfortable, but don’t have size or even if I need to

I’m chomping at the bit to get things started

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Thank goodness it passed the MOT Sam. I can understand your frustration at wanting to get started on your motor home you must be so excited:D
Been a bit full on here at the moment, the usual dilemma, Mum not going to the loo for 5 days then on Sunday finally went with the help of a suppository and then we have the aftermath it's either feast or famine, so we couldn't go to singing on Tuesday as we darn't be too far away from the Toilet!!
Think we are just about back to normal poor Mum not realising what's happening doesn't help:eek:
Got the carers coming in more hours now to help me as Mum is becoming less mobile felt a bit intrusive but the help is very welcome. They are here 2 hours in the morning 1 hour at lunchtime and 1 hour early evening to help get Mum to bed.
My oldest friend we went to school together is coming with her partner in their camper van plus 2 dogs to stay. Camping on our drive so not too much disruption for Mum. I'm really looking forward to seeing them, they live in Exeter. They will be here in 2 weeks time for a week.I haven't seen my friend for 18months, we have been friends for 50 years.

I hope everyone is having a peaceful day x
Slugsta thinking of you x

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Thank goodness it passed the MOT Sam. I can understand your frustration at wanting to get started on your motor home you must be so excited:D
Been a bit full on here at the moment, the usual dilemma, Mum not going to the loo for 5 days then on Sunday finally went with the help of a suppository and then we have the aftermath it's either feast or famine, so we couldn't go to singing on Tuesday as we darn't be too far away from the Toilet!!
Think we are just about back to normal poor Mum not realising what's happening doesn't help:eek:
Got the carers coming in more hours now to help me as Mum is becoming less mobile felt a bit intrusive but the help is very welcome. They are here 2 hours in the morning 1 hour at lunchtime and 1 hour early evening to help get Mum to bed.
My oldest friend we went to school together is coming with her partner in their camper van plus 2 dogs to stay. Camping on our drive so not too much disruption for Mum. I'm really looking forward to seeing them, they live in Exeter. They will be here in 2 weeks time for a week.I haven't seen my friend for 18months, we have been friends for 50 years.

I hope everyone is having a peaceful day x
Slugsta thinking of you x
It will be lovely for you to have your friend coming to see you, enjoy x
Best wishes to you and your mum x

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
@Sam Luvit you're not the only one who gets appointments mixed up. While I was getting my car tested, two people came to the test centre for their appointments. Neither could be found on that day's list of appointments. Turned out when the Centre staff checked that one was a week early, and the other had the wrong date and was in the wrong town! :D:D

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex

Hi @rosy18

While I’m glad your mum is back on track, or more or less, I’m sorry the eye candy was off the menu for you :(

It must be hard having people in the house, but you need the help now Rosy, especially if your Mum is less mobile. Are you taking any of that as time for you to walk away & chill. I’ll bet you’re not :rolleyes:

That’s what I hope to be able to do with Mum. Go visit for a few days or a week & not cause any stress (them or her). It’s a freedom that I think will help. Being able to take the furry one will make it better. Your friend can iron out any issues of camping on your drive ready for my visit :p I’ll bet you are well excited :D

I just want to get my hands in our Motorhome & start making it cozy & homely :)

MaryH

Jun 16, 2016
Ottawa, Canada
Usually I am pretty good about appointments but once I showed up at Dad's geriatrician appointment a week late since I got the wrong date in my google calendar. Fortunately they were pretty understanding and fit us in with an abbreviated appointment.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Usually I am pretty good about appointments but once I showed up at Dad's geriatrician appointment a week late since I got the wrong date in my google calendar. Fortunately they were pretty understanding and fit us in with an abbreviated appointment.

Hi @MaryH

I worry about mums appointments much more than I do about anything to do with me

So far, her mix ups have been sorted with a minimum of fuss, I’m grateful for that, but I do feel such a fool,when I take her at the wrong time or day

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I went to a reunion of old childhood friends today, took big brother along. It’s taken some planning & juggling, ignoring mums displeasure, but I really wanted to go as one of my friends has been very unwell & it was a chance to catch up without me catching the early morning flight

It was fun. The food was diabolical but that was the price I guess. I let that slide

Big brother said he would come in to see Mum on the way home. Great thinks I. Mum will be pleased. I’ve watched her on the Ring doorbell, in & out, checking the drive to see if I’m home, so get big brother to call her with our ETA. He tells her 10 or quarter past 7

I could have cried

We walked in, laughing about our day, then the laughter stopped

Mum is in the kitchen. Fridge freezer is obviously off judging by the flooded kitchen, food on all the surfaces, one tray empty (????),the other 3 crammed full on various surfaces. Veg mixed in with meats, ice melting, ice cream ... not checked what state that was in ...

I defrosted the freezer 3 weeks ago. It was not iced up, it did not need doing. The kitchen is a disaster

Bundle Mum out of the kitchen. Put brother in tea making duty. Sort freezer drawers, get them back in the freezer, try to plug it all back in, but the plug is not working ????

Mum starts with “it wasn’t me, I didn’t do anything, why do you blame me for everything”

Aaaarrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhh.

Everything we offered was met with “NO”. I ignored that & plastered the smile on. Get Mum some tea brother, I’d offer cake but we’ve got none left. Then sat & started chatting about our day. Brother followed my lead & tantrums avoided

After an hour I apologised but said I was taking brother home as I was tired. He & I chatted on the way, he said it was plain the freezer didn’t need doing & got my frustration at walking into the mess!!!!! He’s come a long way this last few months

I picked up a take away on the way back & poured drinks without asking. Mum was calmer

We ended up laughing about rubbish, lots of memories of childhood friends & she was ready for bed (well after midnight)

She said “we’ve had a good night with lots of laughs, that’s been good”

Not much more I could ask for than her going to bed happy