Can I ... Should I?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hiya @Slugsta
No Mum has yet to see her, it was easier to drop her off on the way, dropping my assistant driver home & then limp my way to Mum & a very large CM :D I thought it best to get the door locks upgraded & a few minor things done before Mum gets in & finds anything to critic :rolleyes:

Naming is in the pipeline :) Nice suggestions to consider appreciated, but maybe after a photo show lol

On road parking, so long as it doesn’t block access is legal & im not proud, I’ll be sticking it anywhere once I’m used to it, sorry, her :D

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Ha ha @2jays, after a name suggestion like that, you are experiencing Karma with your 18 month old visitor :D

I doubt star gazing would be essential, or even possible if the wine consumption in Ireland was anything to go by :)

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Evening @rosy18 :)

Rest, what is rest? Is it like sleep? Missing that too :rolleyes: I so wanted to stay in bed, but Mum had a check up for her eyes following her laser treatment to repair a bleed. So I was up & encouraging her out the door, then big brother came round, so that was an IT lesson & him sorting things (I was too tired to care TBH), I walked the dog twice as Mum is now full of cold, so rest / sleep have yet to appear on my horizon :rolleyes:

I’m sort of looking forward to Mum & furry bundles reaction, but want to have it as good as possible first. There are seatbelts in the back, so furry bundle will be strapped in when driving around

Eldest is coming over for a few hours, he’s broke for a change, so I’m going to get him to dig the boarder to put in the daffodils Mum wants!! He’s going to so love that :D

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi JM

It’s ok, I really don’t want the lesson in emptying just yet :eek: I’ll put that lesson on the back burner, for as long as possible :D

Well done on the drive, it is tempting to put your foot down if the roads are clear, but I’d like to not experience points, it’s something I would prefer not to learn about. I do find the average speed 50 cameras the hardest to keep to though, it’s not a natural speed

FB is great for keeping up with friends, I met up with a school friend a few months ago, not seen her in 40 years, but been in touch, so yes, I agree, it’s a great tool for that

Enjoy the nightcap :p

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Hi @Margi29

Get a blooming avatar sorted so I can find you quicker :p

Short n sweet visit, but at least we got to chat a bit. Hope everything is calm now :)

Can’t believe I left the fleece, I always forget something :( I’ll pick it up next time, or you can bring it when you come down south :D

Smiley faces ... look at the top of the bit you are typing in, it has B I U at the left side. Look along that bar, just past the middle, smiley face. Click that & they show up at the bottom of your message. Then click which one you want. They stay there till you send that message :rolleyes:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Isn't a poppet also a sort of doll used in nasty spells?! :eek:

Oh I don’t know LadyA, my dad would say “oh she’s a poppet” about some new friends, sons girlfriend, always a young girl. I think it’s a northern expression, a bit like duck or petal :D

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I found these in £land, they are only printed on one side & it does say “specimen”, not 2ACF4379-51C9-46D5-816B-18797F2274EC.jpeg
2ACF4379-51C9-46D5-816B-18797F2274EC.jpeg
sure if you could say it’s the new design ?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
So much for my early night. Mum took herself off to bed about 8pm, full of cold & I checked in on her a few times, but thought she was best left to sleep

She got up at 12.20, was very cross that I’d eaten without her :(, I calmed her down, made her tea & toast & then bullied her back to bed, 12.45, but I was then wide awake o_O

So, now I’ve wound down & I'm going to try for that sleep I so need.

Night all :)

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
When is it my day off ???

Eldest phoned, he’s a bit broke, so I suggested he earned something by helping out, so I had to pick him up & drop him home, but we dug out a boarder across the front of the house & planted daffodils, he was a little surprised, as I’ve said before about it making it more difficult to cut the grass, then I explained, his Grandma wants them, she’ll be happy it’s done, but she may never see them. I think it was a sharp reminder that she’s getting older & is not in the best of health. Who knows, he might visit more

Then I’ve helped a friend stripping wallpaper & I've come home to cook a meal (mixed veg bake, thanks @HillyBilly ) with loin steaks. I’m very full & very tired

Dog walk, washing up, clean up & then I get to relax, I hope.

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England

I love it! :D

Sam, I'm sorry that your day has been full-on (again) :( Being 'on duty' 24/7 is very tough (((hugs)))

I do hope your mum likes the MH when she gets to see it. As to names - I only know 'Poppet' as a pet name, have never heard if it being used as a voodoo doll :eek:

Wouldn't you know it - Mum was much brighter again when we saw her today! Not back to where she was, but certainly not as bad as she had been during the week. She ate a chocolate mousse and a small bit of cake (after eating a good lunch + pudding) and we were given a small smile. She is not drinking much though - she is now tending to just chew the straws and didn't seem to like the beakers with spouts. She had told me, more than once, that she fully intends to live to be 100 - I'm afraid I wouldn't tolerate another 9 years of this!

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
. She had told me, more than once, that she fully intends to live to be 100 - I'm afraid I wouldn't tolerate another 9 years of this!

Yes, @Slugsta , 24/7 is tough, I could do with a day off, but nothing on the horizon for this year. Maybe the MH will be a change, as in, as good as a rest. I hope so ;)
I’m
Poppet is top of the list for now, but we shall see what Mum says. I should get an idea of costs this week, then sort parking & introduction to Mum. Fingers crossed it goes well

Good your mum is back on the chocolate trail :), with a smile , no real suggestions on the non drinking, chewing straws, but hope that passes quickly. :cool:

No, I couldn’t see me lasting another 5 Years, never mind 9. :(