Can I ... Should I?

DollyBird16

Sep 5, 2017
Greater London
I’m up for one day at a time, not looking forward or back.
I’m so tired today, compounded by knowing I have to be up at 5 for work. Mum is being tormented by the dementia beast tonight and nothing is easing it, terrified to be left on her own.
I’m here in silence hoping the wondering around and tears will end so I can sleep.
Perhaps i’ll tell work it’s red eye and I jetted somewhere amazing for the weekend ;):D

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @DollyBird16

I too try to work with ... the past can’t be changed, the future hasn’t happened & the present is a gift :rolleyes:, even if it’s not one I want right now :eek:

I’ve persuaded Mum to go up to bed, after midnight, but it’s the best I could get. I will now wait for the drawer opening & closing to stop, for her to get out of the bathroom & then for her to settle down & eventually sleep. I don’t have to be up as early as you, but I do have to be in the car, with Mum, by 9.10, so it’ll be another long day

What do you do when she is scared? Mum is early stages & I tend to hug & rock her & tell her I love her. I expect that won’t be working some time in the future :(

When I’m that tired, I tell them it’s not smudged make up from a great weekend & leave them to figure it out :confused: Hope you get some sleep

DollyBird16

Sep 5, 2017
Greater London
@Sam Luvit
Mum eventually settled.
Same as you not always the gift you want, I love the phrase.
We have the same approach try and hug it out.
Good luck with the planned outing, it takes hours getting out the door.
At work now, hoping this lets me leave at a reasonable time tonight. Messages from Boss already, not coming in, great more trauma for me. Grrrr
Oh well on the positive i’m nerarer the end of the day than I was when I got up.
Hope all goes as well as it can today. X

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @DollyBird16

For once, Mum was ready & waiting 5 minutes before we needed to leave, :eek:, good thing too, as parking was like rocking horse poop. Needless to say, when I got back, some eejit had parked across the back of me, on double yellows & getting out was a nightmare. (He got a sticker from the hospital .... pity it wasn’t a fine)

It was just a check up, but I don’t normally go for early ones. Mum went back to bed when we got home. So I’ve been up & awake, but couldn’t do much. Didn’t want to wake her :cool:

So frustrating when the boss decides to take a day out, leaving you juggling 2 jobs & no chance of leaving on time :(

It’s been overcast & very dull today, about matches my mood. Bet it brightens up tomorrow when I have to sit in an office :rolleyes:

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Our sky and sun at 11.30am

Attachments

• IMG_6339.JPG
    IMG_6339.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 223

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
I know others have it worse than we do. I'm so sad to read what this wind has caused

But

Here.... I'm fed up to back teeth with this gale force wind around our house..... just waiting for something to blow away...

I'm guessing we have had 50mph winds for about 6 hours.

Everything, so far, is holding firm.... but I can't relax

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Still blowing here @2jays, but not as bad as earlier. Conservative estimates are putting damages at 1.5billion euro. So awful to see news pictures of buildings with the roofs torn off - not just the tiles, but the trusses and joists! :eek: And of course the dangers then from flying debris. It is mesmerising to watch the course of the storm on either the earthwind site or ventusky.com. But I'm glad it's dying down here. Winds are down to about 75-80kph now.

Found out tonight that my neighbour and I are obviously on a different electric circuit than the rest of the neighborhood- we're the only ones with power, all day!

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I think @HillyBilly lost a few tiles from the roof, and had a bit of damage outside, but nothing major, thankfully. Nothing major here either. No damage to the house, just the small greenhouse in bits, and the chicken run roof damaged, and a bit of fencing damaged by a huge branch that fell. So thankful!

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Aarrrrgggghhhhh. Anyone else using an iPad?

If I have the message window at the top of the page, then click the smiley face on the bar, it opened the drop bar for Members, or Forums :mad: I then have to scroll to the very top or bottom of the page to clear it

Driving me nuts :(

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Aarrrrgggghhhhh. Anyone else using an iPad?

If I have the message window at the top of the page, then click the smiley face on the bar, it opened the drop bar for Members, or Forums I then have to scroll to the very top or bottom of the page to clear it

Driving me nuts

Report your problem on
https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/threads/faqs.104329/

Is it a new problem that has just started?
Have you had an update from Apple?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @nitram, I’ve posted it on that link, thank you

It’s been happening for a while, before & after upgrade to 11.03 :mad: I know it’s a tiny thing, but it’s very frustrating when it keep happening & at times I can’t be bothered so don’t use any

Not that I like them, these ones are even more childish in design IMHO, but they do help show if you are being serious or joking :rolleyes:

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Afternoon all,

I'm very glad that no-one on this thread sustained much damage in the storm. We were very lucky - despite having a very yellow sky for most of the day, we didn't get the worst winds.

DollyBird, I'm glad you like the avatar :)

I quite like emoticons, they can save a lot of misunderstanding when you are limited to written communication :)

Hope that everyone is getting a quiet day . . .