Can I ... Should I?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Bear with me, I'm having a moment of reflection :)

Acceptance Speach

For telling me how it is, Anne Mac
For humour, laughs n giggles, HillyBilly
For quiet gentle guidance, LadyA
For shared history & understanding, Margi
For amazing patience & strength, Rosy
For escaping, I hope you're safe in witness protection, Grace
For fighting with every fibre, Marnie, Lavender & Georgi
For guts & survival, 2Jays (& 1Jay obviously)
For driving laughs & compassion, Molly
For empathy & wisdom, Amy
For the slightly serious, but so helpful IT help, Nitram
I could go on all night, but there are so many, Harry's Daughter, Raggedy Ann, Tin, Amethyst, stories, thoughts, fears & questions. Everyone who bares their soul in fear or hope, teaches me a little bit more
For each & every person who fights the fight & helps someone
I thank you

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Just catching up

A blush - you think we have guts and survival?? Thank you :)

Squishy hug for yesterday and another 3 for today xxxx

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Always a pleasure Sam, been a bit busy recently as you know Sam.

I've been catching up on the thread in between mum and shenanigans, all I can say is, she's hard work at the moment.

I knew things were a little off when I found bottle of lemonade in freezer !!!

But I'm keeping up with thread and wish everyone well x

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Sam, I love your speech, and am terribly flattered, but I'm not feeling very wise at the moment. I need to borrow some strength off Rosy and probably some of JugglingMum's endurance as well. And who's got the magic wand that sorts all the paperwork with one wave? I need that, too!

Margi, guess the lemonade was well chilled? Hang in there.

How is everyone today?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Just catching up

A blush - you think we have guts and survival?? Thank you :)

Squishy hug for yesterday and another 3 for today xxxx

Considering our "shared history" as discovered in Ireland, I know some of the struggles, so yes, to be as upbeat & loving shows guts & survival.

Oh, I could do with a squishy hug, thank you

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Always a pleasure Sam, been a bit busy recently as you know Sam.

I've been catching up on the thread in between mum and shenanigans, all I can say is, she's hard work at the moment.

I knew things were a little off when I found bottle of lemonade in freezer !!!

But I'm keeping up with thread and wish everyone well x

Big thank you for the B&B :D, flying visit, but we talked a weeks worth :rolleyes:

Now, slowly in & out, calm breathing to relax & pretend everything is fine :D I practised on my wat home, (for hot my meds :eek: & I was fine ;))

Lemonade on the freezer, maybe she was expecting me to arrive with bottles for a cocktail :)

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Sam, I love your speech, and am terribly flattered, but I'm not feeling very wise at the moment. I need to borrow some strength off Rosy and probably some of JugglingMum's endurance as well. And who's got the magic wand that sorts all the paperwork with one wave? I need that, too!

I need to borrow everyone's strengths, I'm a puddle of exhaustion but grinning too :p

You take time to explain how & why, it makes sense & it helps. You sound wise ... don't knock it, I'd love to sound like I have any idea of what is going on lol

I don't remember how to juggle like JM does & do those mud bath cycles :eek:, or how Slugsta manages pain while encouraging her mum, when I get new pain I'm horrid.

I actually like other people's paperwork (just mine that's a mess), we need a virtual circle, where I'll do your paperwork, Rosy keeps all the mums calm, HB feeds us & Margi gives us facials :D

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I did it :D 620 miles in 27 hours. I was sooooo tired I found some old CD's & sang (poetic licence) to keep me going for the second leg & mused over number plates.

We are now proud owners of a motor home :D I'm grinning. I have a smile a mile wide. I love it already & it's in the shop for some work so I can't even do anything

Number plates .... I spent a few hundred miles looking at it, I was getting bored & decided to make something of it ... you can make anything meaningful if you want to ....

So. I made it into something that has meaning

Purchased on Friday the 13th, dads lucky date, so that turned an arrrrhhhhh into an ooooohh

It has the letter of home, so that feels nice, reminding me of good memories, like D is Dublin & NL is Netherlands, this has my childhood home :)

The numbers are dads date of birth (how freaky is that ????), seriously, the first 2 numbers are date & month, I looked at the 3rd number & thought if I add the 2 numbers of the year, it works, so 34 would be 3+4=7

I spent a while looking at the letters, but decided More Wine Sam was pretty accurate :p:D:p

The guy selling said he read my advert (I'd put up one of those this is what I wasn't) & decided to offer it to me. Wasn't planning on selling this year. He's thrown in a few extras (kettle essential), he dropped the price & said to call if he can help in any way

There are some lovely people in this world

I'm offering fair warning, go sort out security gates or I'll be on your driveway, with bottles of wine & keeping you up all night... you have been warned :rolleyes:

So blooming excited :p

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Just took Mum to the loo and had to check in to see if you had got home safely.
I'm so excited for you Can't wait to hear your Mums reaction.
Gosh you did well Sam all that driving but sooooo worth it I'm pleased to say, sounded like a nice chap who you bought it from.
Hope your getting a good rest or you may be too excited to Sleep!
Drives ready and waiting ☺☺☺

Margi bless your Mum she was obviously getting a drinks party ready for Sam

Slugsta hope your next visit to your dear Mum is a better one.
How is Skycat Doing?

Dollybird, 2Jays and HillyBilly along with Slugsta and Margi hope you all have a good weekend preparing your driveways for Sam, Amy I think you might just be a bit too far away even for Sam:rolleyes:

So sorry to read about the loss of Raggedy Annes husband.

Nite nite everyone

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Sam, it's well past my bedtime but I couldn't not respond.

Huge hoorays on the motor home!! That's fabulous and the seller sounds a truly nice person. This is so fantastic and I'm so pleased for you.

I'm afraid I am a bit far away but my driveway is at your disposal nonetheless.

Glad you are home safely.

I really detest my own paperwork but I'm good at helping others with theirs. I can offer that skill. I'm also experienced at clearing out and packing houses, so there's that as well. I'm okay at interior painting and while I don't love it, can clean just about anything. I'm also an acceptable cook if it's not fancy stuff. We need to form a Dementia Support Cooperative! HillyBilly, of course, is in charge of all the chemical toilets. Ahem.

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Brilliant news Sam, wishing you and your Mum many safe, happy, interesting and enjoyable journeys.

Looking forward to hearing if you give it/her/him a name ☺

DollyBird16

Sep 5, 2017
Greater London
Eek! @Sam Luvit how exciting.
I’m up out and weeding the drive ready for you and the wine of course!
Hope everyone is good, we’re plodding along.
No work today - yippee, doing the more challenging role today.
Anyone doing anything exciting this weekend? X

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Sam - really glad you've got your motor home.

I'm not doing as far as you, but round trip of over 400 in next 24 hours. Son is fencing in Newcastle at 9am tomorrow, so too early to do journey in morning (I did think about it, and if it was dau, I would have done as she would sleep).

I am about 20 miles from Ann Mc, I think, we've never met though, so if you get up this way we might. I won't be weeding or tidying or cleaning before you come though, sacked cleaner a while ago and it sort of sometimes gets done - too much other juggling to do! And no driveway space, and it's sloped anyway, but visitors have parked in the road before now.

Amy - will you please come over and stay for a couple of weeks, and help me sort out paperwork.

DollyBird16

Sep 5, 2017
Greater London
Just took Mum to the loo and had to check in to see if you had got home safely.
I'm so excited for you Can't wait to hear your Mums reaction.
Gosh you did well Sam all that driving but sooooo worth it I'm pleased to say, sounded like a nice chap who you bought it from.
Hope your getting a good rest or you may be too excited to Sleep!
Drives ready and waiting ☺☺☺

Margi bless your Mum she was obviously getting a drinks party ready for Sam

Slugsta hope your next visit to your dear Mum is a better one.
How is Skycat Doing?

Dollybird, 2Jays and HillyBilly along with Slugsta and Margi hope you all have a good weekend preparing your driveways for Sam, Amy I think you might just be a bit too far away even for Sam:rolleyes:

So sorry to read about the loss of Raggedy Annes husband.

Nite nite everyone

Thank you rosy, i can’t stop thinking and being so chuffed you sent wishes for a good weekend, sending them right back. X