Can I ... Should I?

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Afternoon all,

Woohoo!! Sam, I am delighted that you now have your lovely motorhome and I wish you many pleasant trips in her (does she have a name yet?)! Has your mum seen it, or did it go directly to the garage?

We don't have a drive, but we do have a large expanse of parking under the trees opposite us, the road is a cul de sac :) :)

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
So excited about Maurice the Motorhome sitting on my sparkling new driveway :D

I have other names I could supply if you need help :D :D

How about Wanda ?

In the middle of a forest. Not much sky visible, so no star gazing, and not much peace as the 18month old is on a mission to do his best to exhaust everyone in 10 minutes :) such fun

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
You got it, @Sam Luvit !! How exciting! We all can't wait to see pics! Well done you on doing the drive there and back! You'll definitely have to give it a name. Vehicles behave better if they have a name. :)

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Dollybird, 2Jays and HillyBilly along with Slugsta and Margi hope you all have a good weekend preparing your driveways for Sam, Amy I think you might just be a bit too far away even for Sam:rolleyes:

Hi Rosy

Mums not seen the MH as I dropped it at the shop on the way, that way I can get the little bits sorted before she sees it :)

It was a lot of driving & I was more than tired when I got home, but it’s here now, so it was worth it. I can’t believe I was so lucky with finding it & how nice the guy selling it was

I got about 6 hours sleep, I’d have happily stayed there, but Mum had a check up on her eyes this afternoon, so it wasn’t an option. I may work on an early night tonight :)

I’m now working on the map with where you all are, so I can plan for visits :D Definitely doing a few local first while I get used to everything. I might even :)rolleyes:) spend a night on the driveway in it to make sure it’s warm enough for Mum :p

You sure Amy is safe?? Maybe from the MH, but I’ve 2 friends over the water who have invited me to visit, so maybe not that safe :eek:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I really detest my own paperwork but I'm good at helping others with theirs. I can offer that skill. I'm also experienced at clearing out and packing houses, so there's that as well. I'm okay at interior painting and while I don't love it, can clean just about anything. I'm also an acceptable cook if it's not fancy stuff. We need to form a Dementia Support Cooperative! HillyBilly, of course, is in charge of all the chemical toilets. Ahem.

Thank you @Amy in the US, maybe not your driveway but who knows o_O , never say never ;)

I love the idea of a DS Co-Op :D We all pitch in with our strengths, we can also moan while we sort :p Do you think HB would supply the home grown veg :), (in addition to chem loo tuition) :D

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Brilliant news Sam, wishing you and your Mum many safe, happy, interesting and enjoyable journeys.

Looking forward to hearing if you give it/her/him a name ☺

Hi @CeliaW

So long as the “interesting” is in a good way :) I think it’ll be grand once we’ve been on a successful one, so planning required & minimum stress :)

Well, she won’t be “Old Smokey” as there were no clouds trailing us. I have wondered about some pet names dad used, as there seems to be lots of things about her that remind me of him, I need for Mum to see her, then choose the name :rolleyes:, I’ll do the intro then :D

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Am so pleased Sam that you have finally got your MH.
It was lovely to see you and have a catch up x

The fleece you left will be fabulous as the colder months settle in ( no idea on this site now where laughing face is ) for walking my dogs x

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hey @DollyBird16 :)

I’m thinking I might be getting the hang of this tagging lark ;)

It’s ok, the MH has clearance, I’ll just drive over the weeds :eek: It even has a fridge & one of those plug in cool boxes :D I’ll be travelling with plenty :rolleyes: I even share wine o_O

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @jugglingmum

I can’t believe I have the MH, I’ve taken Mum around looking at the outside of lots near here, been in one or two, just to see what they are like & researched tons, but this was the first viewing :eek: I know I’m incredibly lucky to have found doable on first look

400 miles is far enough in one day, it was 290 back with the MH & it was almost too far. It’s onoy the fact I could play CD’s & sing loudly that kept me going. Mum or youngest would sleep, anyone else I have to just be quiet or chat incessantly. :D

I’ll stick you on the map ;), maybe a local site we can set up in & the two of you can join us in Big Red & Red :p My attitude to visitors is simple ... if you come to see the state of my home, you are no friend, so ... ;)

Amy can climb aboard & we can travel to paperwork mountains :D It might take more than a few weeks :eek:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Yes @LadyA , I can hardly believe it myself. The drive was almost too much, but we stopped several times on the way back, my knees were in fire & I sort of shuffled with bent legs each time I tried to walk from the car, must have looked very strange o_O

I’m thinking of names, need to involve Mum, but so far I’ve thought of Poppet, as it was dads expression for someone cute :) I’ll sort photos once she’s had her little jobs done, might have to put them somewhere else though. What’s the area that only members can see?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Margi29

Get a blooming avatar sorted so I can find you quicker :p

Short n sweet visit, but at least we got to chat a bit. Hope everything is calm now :)

Can’t believe I left the fleece, I always forget something :( I’ll pick it up next time, or you can bring it when you come down south :D

Smiley faces ... look at the top of the bit you are typing in, it has B I U at the left side. Look along that bar, just past the middle, smiley face. Click that & they show up at the bottom of your message. Then click which one you want. They stay there till you send that message :rolleyes:

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Hope you've managed a bit of a rest Sam after your epic journey. Can't wait to hear your Mums reaction and of course a certain 4 legged member of the household too.

Quiet day here our Priest brought communion tonight as he has baptism tomorrow in between Masses. He got here at 6.45pm but Mum stayed sleeping bless her so I just had communion.
Hope everyone has a peaceful Sunday and maybe get to do something nice:):)

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
My chemical toilet needs emptying. I had to use it in an emergency the other week. Only liquid so can wait.

Well I've done the 200 mile journey to Newcastle, roads were clear, drove slow enough to not get done sums up speed. No stops. I called in on a friend who is over 20 years younger than me with a 9 month old. Knew her as a teenager and she is now who I was in my mid 30s so was good. Not seen her for years, beauty of Facebook :D:D. Now sat in bathroom with a nightcap so son can sleep.